PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Wednesday 9th May 2018

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :)

I agree with Hol, Scarlet be more like a yearly thread if I could only post mind blowing stuff. I really like reading about everyones day everyone is so different :) Saying that though Jackie O seems to always have something exciting going on :D congratulations to Holly and Tom mum :T
    Welcome back nanny missed ya :o

So my fascinating day will consist of cracking through an enormous to do list of both work and house stuff. Away this weekend on a spa break with the girls so need to think about what I am wearing as you do :) No dresses here though and as rain is forecast it have to include brollies and raincoats....either that or I just stay in the pool :) It will a lovely chill before the op though with some brilliant friends :cool:
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs))))))))) if you need one.

Well done Holly for getting yourself away for the day, I am sure it did you good, especially as they had to turn the water off.

Well we now know where the leak is coming from, the pipe behind the sink in the kitchen, the chaps came last night, they think the floor boards will dry out eventually, the floor is also soaking under the sink unit. I have the contents of the unit spread all over. They are coming this morning to sort it.

Its a bright morning but seems to be cooler..............typical the weather will break in time for us to go away.

All laundry up to date, will do a quick wash of stuff in the bin Monday before we go, will also do the bed linen. We are aiming to set off after an early lunch.

I feel so much better now I know we have someone coming to sort the garden, it was getting me down which does not help at the best of times.

No idea whats for supper, have a menu list but it seems to have gone out the window.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 May 2018 at 6:32PM
    Good morning chums ,another beautiful day by the looks of things, bright and sunny at the moment at least .Pottering around day today I think . This afternoon its U3A AGM so I will pop in to see whats happening and who has been voted on or off the committee. I do not do committees very weel and although i have been asked to be on them I prefer to watch and see how folk run things .Don't think I could find the time anyway :) Great night last night at quiz and we had bangers and chips to eat which is all our favourite meal.

Thanks for all your good wishes re my DGD Holly and her lovely BF Tom .They are off for their 'big' holiday in July which they booked before christmas and it will be their last one for a few years and once home they have to start serious saving for the big day. I don't do hats though as I am far too short and round and would look like a weeble :):):)

Only another couple of weeks and I am off on my travels to Stratford-upon-Avon for a week with my oldest friend.A new place to explore for a week and it will be interesting to see where we end up.

We always chat to locals and seem to find the odd spots that get missed off the tourist track :) last year we had a week just outside Manchester and it was really nice. basically my friend opens the map shuts her eyes and waves a finger over the amp and where it falls is more or less where we have a weeks holiday every year .We have done this for the past 12 years and have had some smashing times and met some great people Once we stopped halfway up a hilly road in the Derbyshire dales and had a great chat to a man who was dry stone
    wall building right up the side of the hill. Another time in Norfolk I almost decimated a long line of nuns in Walsingham as I came around the corner I don't know who was more surprised us or them But we had a nice chat to them as well :) You meet all sorts of folk when you start nattering and both June and I love to chat :):):)

Right enough waffling, :) time I got the coffee pot on

Hope you all have a smashing day and the sun shines down on you all where ever you are and what ever you are doing

Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
  • Hi all,

I've been MIA over the bank holiday weekend, was kept very busy with the in-laws visit (had a lovely time, just not very relaxing!) then yesterday was manic at work. Sorry I've not really had much chance to read back and catch up.

Glad you've been getting out and about Holly. I really need a couple of trips to the coast this year, being by the sea (or any water) is one of my favourite things.

Congrats to Holly and Tom, JackieO

Speky
    , you always make me feel very lazy with your gym and football, housework and the garden wears me out enough!

Nelski, your spa weekend sounds just perfect to relax before your op

Today I will be catching up on the work I didn't get done yesterday becasuse I was so busy, also the the week is all condensed because of the bank holiday, so plenty to do! More washing to do when I get home, also some washing up, which I am a bit annoyed about. I spent most of the weekend cleaning up after OH and our visitors, so gave myself a night off yesterday, but clearly there is no washing up fairy as there was still a pile by the sink when I left this morning. Oh well, could be worse.

Will stop moaning now :p also hoping to get a few minutes outside before the weather changes tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone :j
  • poppy811
    poppy811 Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all
    Lovely day here so washing out on the line and greenhouse plants watered.

Coffee morning later and then going to see a stonemason to order a headstone for my husbands grave. I would like it in place for the second anniversary of the his death in July. Frighteningly expensive but I need to mark his grave properly.

Watched a recording of Notting Hill last night and shed a few tears, the older I get the more emotional I seem to be!
    Jackie O I am about 10 miles south of Stratford you will find lots to do, hope the sun keeps shining!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Lainey saw this in mums paper yesterday and thought of your Lu :cool:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5701579/Gleaming-grey-wants-Black-Beauty.html

humming white horses again sorry :D
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all
    Hugs and spoons to those in need.
    Another quiet week in Chez Mehefin. Gees behaving themselves. RileyCat depositing dead rabbits by the barn door. Usual stuff

Lainy. Hay very scarce and expensive here too. £5per bale. We can get small square bales of haylage for £6 and its much better stuff. If Lu isn't used to haylage take it slowly as it can be quite rich. We used to buy a big square bale for £30 but our supplier has run out. Normally lasts about 3 weeks. The alternative is expensive but a necessity.

HoweverDS has been offered a new job. Full time and permanent! So bye bye to the university pro rata job.

Bye for now
    Mehefin
  • Oh woe is me!!!

Chap has been to the kitchen, sink unit has to come out and the floor replaced, possibly under the washer and cooker as well, the floor is wet through mould growing up the wall at the back......we have to leave it while we are away and let him know when we are back.......sink unit is going to have to be replaced and they no longer make the units so no idea what the council will do, not happy with an unmatched kitchen...... can see talks taking place.

Everything out of the sink unit is spread around the house......and I hate mess.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,230 Forumite
    Csarina maybe consider suggesting changing the doors on the remaining units to match the new units & minimise the council's cost...will also maintain their investment (which a mismatched kitchen won't do! ;))
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,007 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all.

csarina - it all sounds awful but fixable. The difficult part will be living with the mess.

For a change I have a whole day to myself - nowhere to be, no-one needing me to do things, nothing to stop me doing what I want. Apart from the rain that is!

The most I will do it go out into the garden, in the rain, to check on my potatoes. They may need some more earthing up. I'm contemplating lighting the woodburner but won't, on principle. :rotfl:

I've ordered some seeds for a plant which is poisonious to ground elder as the verges in front of the hedges are being over run by the stuff. The miles of comfrey are beginning to come through so I'll be making good use of the leaves.

I hope everyone has a good and happy Wednesday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure