PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Surveyor visit now!!!

Options
Do most people follow them round (homebuyers survey) there are two of them, or just leave them to wander around on their own?

Comments

• seven-day-weekend
    Options
    jolester wrote: »
    Do most people follow them round (homebuyers survey) there are two of them, or just leave them to wander around on their own?

I personally would leave themm to it and then ask at the end if all is well. They may not tell you, however, as you are not their client.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just leave them to it. I tend to go out to be honest. They won't tell you anything.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do most people follow them round
    No, that would just be annoying. Best not to irritate them.
  • jolester
    jolester Posts: 331 Forumite
    Options
    I don't want to know anything, and am aware they're not working on my behalf, just wondered what people usually do
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would not want my surveyor to be followed around, disturbing his work and thought train. I would be expecting him/her to be working only on my behalf and not to divulge anything.
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Options
    Do most people follow them round

No, that would be a particularly bad idea!
  • Goath
    Goath Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    No, each time I have had a surveyor round I have just left them to it.
    I'm sure that he or she would not want to be followed round either
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just make them a cup of tea (don't spike it ... ) and leave them be.

They may tell you if they find nothing of importance... They may tell you if they find something simple to explain and put right.

They will, in effect, be fair. I know it irritates them when a buyer exaggerates a defect in an attempt to push the price down, and when a seller tries to hide an obvious defect!

Now, go and find the laxative, and stick the kettle on!
  • jolester
    jolester Posts: 331 Forumite
    Options
    They've gone now!

I had no intention of following them around to ask questions as I know they wouldn't answer them anyway, but as there are lots of expensive things that are about in people's homes I didn't know whether people went round to make sure nothing was half inched!
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    A surveyor who stole expensive things from people’s homes wouldn’t remain a surveyor for very long!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure