ASDA Money cashback credit card rate drop

Comments

• sharsky53
    sharsky53 Posts: 18
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The Asda plus card is also slashing the cashback to 0.2% but maintaining the £3 monthly fee which is very naughty. I looked at the Tandem card for non Asda goods but this card can only be managed via your mobile and since mine is a Windows phone there is no app. Also they don't issue additional cards for your wife or partner. Applied for but now cancelled.
  • Birdman2015
    Birdman2015 Posts: 222
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    sharsky53 wrote: »
    The Asda plus card is also slashing the cashback to 0.2% but maintaining the £3 monthly fee which is very naughty. I looked at the Tandem card for non Asda goods but this card can only be managed via your mobile and since mine is a Windows phone there is no app. Also they don't issue additional cards for your wife or partner. Applied for but now cancelled.

That’s a bit naughty of Tandem as the website clearly states you can get additional cards so long as the person meets their criteria.

This was a bit of a blow for us being told we couldn’t get one when activating the card.
  • briant2001
    briant2001 Posts: 34 Forumite
    I've yet to receive any notification from Asda about this change - I've a plus card and, while most of my shopping is done at Asda which means I'll be quids in - I feel that to have NO benefit for shopping elsewhere compared to the non-fee charging card is out of order.

Still £150 cashback since august for £18 in fees ain't bad
    Welcome to my world - it's strange and dark and scarey!
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    briant2001 wrote: »
    I've yet to receive any notification from Asda about this change - I've a plus card

No notification here yet. I presume the change will be in line with the billing date. My billing date is 23rd of the month, so I presume I will be notified of this on my March 23rd's bill to take effect from April 23rd or thereabouts.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    darren72 wrote: »
    No notification here yet. I presume the change will be in line with the billing date. My billing date is 23rd of the month, so I presume I will be notified of this on my March 23rd's bill to take effect from April 23rd or thereabouts.

Doubt it. Received the the letter Thursday, cut in effect from 13/04/18 as per OP, my statement date is around the 2nd of each month.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288
    Forumite
    Inner_Zone wrote: »
    Doubt it. Received the the letter Thursday, cut in effect from 13/04/18 as per OP, my statement date is around the 2nd of each month.

Cutting it very fine then as the T&C's state they need to give a minimum of 30 days notice.
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,006
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    headerImageRight
    I don't know how accurate it is, but I've called Asda Credit Card and they tell me that this is only applying to existing card holders. Anyone applying now will get the rates as advertised on the website (ie, the old rates). It doesn't sound right to me, but that is what they tell me.

I've applied and been accepted. :beer:

I hope that they do retain the old cashback rates (as shown above). :rotfl:

Scrounger
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Cutting it very fine then as the T&C's state they need to give a minimum of 30 days notice.

Letter was dated a generic March 18. So who know when it was sent out and with last weeks weather and still ongoing in some areas maybe it was delayed, who knows.
  • smipsy
    smipsy Posts: 199
    Forumite
    bit disappointing, i only started using their card few months ago, and now they're dropping the cashback! even more disappointing if they will keep the original cashback values for new members, but screw up the old ones!
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,412
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Our letters arrived today :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts