Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Sorry just saw it was TM with the vegan situation. I’m sure you’ll have fun whatever you do :)
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    did you get your malfuntioing sim working again? Still waiting for the new sims to arrive so I am going to have to use one of my full loyalty cards today.

I found this about deactivated cards

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Deactivated-sim-card/td-p/837815

So a card is only valid for 999 days untopped up - nearly 3 years, most of our cards are newer than that.
    But you have to make a chargeable call every 6 months and I think this might be the problem.
    If you put your Simm in and ring the number to check your balance - does this count as its a free call? Possibly not.

I've been getting OH to put my simm into my phone about once a month and then I do any updates as need be but I am not sure if this is enough to get a simmm activated?

To check your Pay As You Go balance:

1.Press Hotkey 2 on your mobile phone.
    2.Key *#10# then press the call button.
    3.Dial 4444 for free from your mobile.

Ah, just popped a brand new sim into my "text phone and put number and code into my real phone, worked a treat :T:T

I read on one thread that you also need droid version 5 or higher for the app to work. My phone is 5.1.1 thanfully, gonna disable auto updates so it doesn't need higher version than I have
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Morning peeps.
    Best wishes to Di for today's op.

Hoping for a nsd today!
    Glad the snows gone here, hope it's the end of winter. My gardens taken a battering, I've lost my bird table which is beyond repair, most of my daffodils look like they've been trampled on but worse of all there's a crack in the panel of my upvc front door!

Good afternoon, curl girl pity about the door but if it's like a normal double glazed unit you may be able to fix it yourself, I ordered the units from the glaziers for the windows in my ds flat and it was easy to fit, try you tube for help:)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Has everyone else had the Sky TV letter about the forthcoming price rise?

I rang them today and we are actually out of contract for our sky TV boxed sets package (the sky fibre and line contract is due in May) We have 50% off now so by July we will be paying £38 a month :(

Just wondering about a plan of attack - I have put a message up on the TV/Sky forum as there are bound to be experts over there.

We have a standard HD set, no sports, films or kids TV, no multiroom - only watch sky one and some documentaries
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ah, just popped a brand new sim into my "text phone and put number and code into my real phone, worked a treat :T:T

I read on one thread that you also need droid version 5 or higher for the app to work. My phone is 5.1.1 thanfully, gonna disable auto updates so it doesn't need higher version than I have

How do you know what android version phone you have?

I think OH has auto updates disabled - I know I have them disabled on my iphone as I do them myself manually
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • marmitelovemehateme
    marmitelovemehateme Posts: 3,764
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 March 2018 at 2:04PM
    Good afternoon....I can confirm the WB is still comparing nicely.....

Popped into B & Q for a nose and probably due to the cold weather.....There are a lot of plants reduced half price...All in good condition....Primulas, Sweet William, Fritillary, Dellphiniums and lots more...Might be local to me but worth a nose if you are around a BnQ....
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    izzy65 wrote: »
    Good afternoon, curl girl pity about the door but if it's like a normal double glazed unit you may be able to fix it yourself, I ordered the units from the glaziers for the windows in my ds flat and it was easy to fit, try you tube for help:)

Thanks Izzey.
    I've looked at diy pvc repair kits but can't see anything in brown/rosewood.
    Door is just out of guarantee, looked on house insurance for my a/d cover but it says not including damage by the weather!
    Other option is replacement panel, which I will look into, don't fancy buying a new door as this one was around 2k. :eek:

Well done on replacing ds's units!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    How do you know what android version phone you have?

[Settings]

Scroll down

[About Phone]
  • Good afternoon lovely peoples :wave:

Villa Maria shop done a couple of hours ago, still picked up £7 in M

Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Blueberry Muffins (4pk) £1.00 £1.00

1x ASDA Bananas (10pk) £1.59 N/A

1x ASDA Instant Chicken Noodles (85g) £0.22 £0.28

9x Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (75cl) £85.32 £63.00

1x ASDA No Added Sugar Apple & Mango Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) £0.40 N/A

1x ASDA Strawberry & Vanilla Flavoured Sparkling Water Bottle (1l) £0.40 £0.45

1x Walkers Max Strong Jalapeño & Cheese Crisps (150g) £1.00 £1.00

1x ASDA Grower's Selection Salad Cress (each) £0.24 N/A

1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Extra Tasty Medium Whole Chicken in a Bag (1.5kg) £5.00 £3.75
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Nice cold day shop sitting ahead :o

I can't get Quiz to load :eek:

If someone else can I would be grateful - Thanking You :A

star.gif ms-money-penny was yesterday's smartest player! star.gif

19 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors