Pre Existing over 5 years ago

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with Bronchiectasis in 2012 after a CT scan. (A widening of bronchial tubes, no cure and can be progressive and get worse but hopefully not)

It was detected by scan that was for something else, I was sent for physio to learn how to clear lungs if I need to, and that was that.

I also have Asthma, which is well controlled and I don’t have many problems with it, I declared Asthma on my quotes no problem.

What about the Bronchiectasis though, the question asks for pre existing conditions from last 5years, I haven’t had treatment for it in 5 years, but it’s a condition I have been informed of, so don’t want to risk invalidating insurance, but the questions don’t really let me inform of it due to the timescale.

Anyone know what I should do?

Comments

• rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anyone know what I should do?

You should answer the question asked.

You have a condition - it probably asks for conditions you currently have.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,038
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You dont say what insurance it is referring to.

Normally, the questionnaires on health related cases deal with anything in the last 5 years but have supplementary questions that ask about more severe illnesses that would have been further back than 5 years. However, it does vary with provider and insurance type.

As mentioned above, you answer the question as it is asked.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure