Meerkat Movies

Comments

• Paid £1.02 this morning for 1 night UK travel insurance in March 2018. Meerkat Movies offer validated a couple of hours later. Currently sitting in cinema, saved £12 for my partners ticket. Definitely works and definitely worth persisting to get this deal, as incredible value, thanks MSE!
  • Done for £1.17 and voucher code already activated within 5 minutes. Going to see Star Wars next week with my daughter. Thanks MSE. Will also get my wife to do this too.
  • Great tips thanks!
    Live long and Prosper
  • Trina90
    Trina90 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just claimed for my second year of Meerkat Movies! £1.17.

Not only do I use the Meerkat Movies 2for1 but I also get my cinema tickets for only £6.50 each through my work's discount. This means a trip to the cinema costs my husband and I a measly £4.65 (booking fee included) each!:money:
    Mortgage started 2015: £150,000 2016: £130,000 2017: £116,000 2018: £105,000 2019: £88,000 2020: £69,000 2021: £51,195 2023: MORTGAGE FREE!
  • Hi! Had been willing to try this for some time but never had the time to do it.... Went on the compare the market website Saturday morning and booked a single trip travel insurance for 1 day in the UK (from the Saturday to Sunday) cheapest was £1.02!!!!!! which I booked. No email came from Compare T M as regards the reward but as it was the weekend, thought maybe need to wait for Monday - it says on the website that it could take 48h. Nothing on Monday so went on the website and they tell you to log in and claim your rewards. Panic as I had not created an account but this was not a problem as when you ask for a quote you need to enter your email and date of birth, so created an account and the quotes they sent me were there, all I had to do was to confirm which quote I went for (they automatically load the cheapest) and enter your Policy number and that was all it required. I then clicked on claim my rewards and it was showing the 2 for 1 movie offer. You then download the app on your phone, enter your CTM login details and you get a voucher number to claim your 2 for 1. You can either do it on line - with Vue cinemas you must enter your code and press enter BEFORE you enter the number of seats if you book online or just show the code from your phone at the box office!
    Hope this will help someone it was super easy and I felt safe all day on Saturday with my travel insurance! Thanks Martin for the tip!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi! Had been willing to try this for some time but never had the time to do it.... Went on the compare the market website Saturday morning and booked a single trip travel insurance for 1 day in the UK (from the Saturday to Sunday) cheapest was £1.02!!!!!! which I booked. No email came from Compare T M as regards the reward but as it was the weekend, thought maybe need to wait for Monday - it says on the website that it could take 48h. Nothing on Monday so went on the website and they tell you to log in and claim your rewards. Panic as I had not created an account but this was not a problem as when you ask for a quote you need to enter your email and date of birth, so created an account and the quotes they sent me were there, all I had to do was to confirm which quote I went for (they automatically load the cheapest) and enter your Policy number and that was all it required. I then clicked on claim my rewards and it was showing the 2 for 1 movie offer. You then download the app on your phone, enter your CTM login details and you get a voucher number to claim your 2 for 1. You can either do it on line - with Vue cinemas you must enter your code and press enter BEFORE you enter the number of seats if you book online or just show the code from your phone at the box office!
    Hope this will help someone it was super easy and I felt safe all day on Saturday with my travel insurance! Thanks Martin for the tip!

Cool story.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Trina90 wrote: »
    Just claimed for my second year of Meerkat Movies! £1.17.

Not only do I use the Meerkat Movies 2for1 but I also get my cinema tickets for only £6.50 each through my work's discount. This means a trip to the cinema costs my husband and I a measly £4.65 (booking fee included) each!:money:
    My work does discounted tickets too - how do you get this with the 241 offer?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    nic_c wrote: »
    My work does discounted tickets too - how do you get this with the 241 offer?

Take 1 ticket and show the member of staff the meerkat code.
  • thanks so much or this tip - spent £1.17 on travel insurance as suggested - one happy girl
  • This trick still works just purchased travel insurance for £1.17 and qualified for 2 for 1 cinema tickets just in time to use this week happy days !!!9786;
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback