Where to go after CMS?

So my partner is the paying parent and we have been trying to get his case resolved with the CMS now since 2014. He has called and written several times but have received nothing back from them at all.

Can anyone advise what the next step is above the CMS?

Their complaints procedure says that you have to wait for their final response until contacting the Independent Case Examiner.....but what happens when they don't respond at all?

Would the CAB be a good start, or our local MP maybe?

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What's the issue?
  • Far too complicated (and personal) to go into detail here - the post would be pages long!

Just wanted to know if anyone could advise what the next step is to go above the CMS?
  • It really really does depend on what the problem is.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • I'm not being rude by asking this (forum posts can be taken in any way) but I have to ask - why does it matter what the problem is?

We are not looking for any advice on the case, just who to step it up to when you get nowhere with the CMS.

I thought that someone with experience of it might be able to advise where we go next, but it would appear not.
  • Comms69
    Far too complicated (and personal) to go into detail here - the post would be pages long!

Just wanted to know if anyone could advise what the next step is to go above the CMS?
    No.

Not if you don't explain the issue.

How is anyone supposed to guess at which possible dept it might be. Don't want to share on here, fair enough, go and pay a solicitor for advice
  • CurlySue2017
    CurlySue2017 Posts: 462 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 January 2018 at 12:01PM
    LOL why not just say that you have no idea what the answer is, instead of trying to fish information out of people?

Found the answer elsewhere so sorry, you won't be getting any fodder today :)
  • Comms69
    LOL why not just say that you have no idea what the answer is, instead of trying to fish information out of people?

Found the answer elsewhere so sorry, you won't be getting any fodder today :)

How can anyone know the answer without the facts....

e.g. The CMS wont do a recalculation, the CMS wont return money which is overpaid, the CMS wont provide details so I can avoid collect and pay.......

I'll just keep your username in mind next time you seek advice.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    I went to my MP when I couldnt get anything from my ex and CSA as was were useless. Even though the MP acted, wrote letters etc, made no difference whatsoever.
  • Caroline_a wrote: »
    I went to my MP when I couldnt get anything from my ex and CSA as was were useless. Even though the MP acted, wrote letters etc, made no difference whatsoever.

Sounds about right! It seems that whether you are a receiving parent or a paying parent, the CMS are useless in either case.

Thanks for the reply though :)

After doing some further investigation and finding out (as you say) that MP's involvement often has little effect, we have decided to take professional legal advice.
  • Comms69
    Sounds about right! It seems that whether you are a receiving parent or a paying parent, the CMS are useless in either case.

Thanks for the reply though :)

After doing some further investigation and finding out (as you say) that MP's involvement often has little effect, we have decided to take professional legal advice.
    Careful, they might ask what the issue is too.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure