Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@littlereddevil – This sounds like it has gone to payable at £0 which means we were ineligible for the cashback and you will need to claim if you thought you transaction met all the terms.

@casjen – We treat every member fairly and this is why a transaction will only track to your account if it actually tracks back to us and we will only progress cashback when we are actually paid for it.

If a transaction hasn’t tracked, we’re not preventing it from tracking, in fact, what this means is that the commission hasn’t tracked back to us. Similarly, if your cashback is still at pending it means we haven’t been paid for your transaction yet.

The merchant pays for cashback in batches and so it’s not always the case that every single order is paid for for a certain period of time but as soon as the transaction has been paid for we can then progress the cashback.

We do play fair but what we cannot do is force a transaction to track or make a transaction payable when we want to.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • casjen
    casjen Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good politicians answer!

My travel all tracked since I started until 25 nov when approx. £50 in pending , £50 in confirmed. At no time has any gone to payable. On the 25 nov pending stopped moving to confirmed and tracking stopped. Nothing has ever paid. yet my friend in the same time period has all tracked..moving to confirmed and payable steadily. How can one account act differently to another? This by the has been done on different machines , networks , different ISPs, thru Pcs and mobile Phones etcs. Both accts have been used on a multitude of different devices. But never on the same system at the same time so there never has been a conflict of ISP numbers. She's laughing and drinking champagne and Im at bargain booze. its not even how we click them as for a couple of days we swapt between us and the account behaviour didnt change. Without a doubt something is blocking on my account for travel supermarket.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 9 December 2017 at 8:48AM
    H
    If a transaction hasn’t tracked, we’re not preventing it from tracking, in fact, what this means is that the commission hasn’t tracked back to us.

Best wishes,
    Matt

TCB have for years limited/restricted AKA prevented tracking for daily click offers in respect of "family accounts"

e.g, Where an offer is maximum one per day, TCB have for years often restricted/limited AKA prevented tracking to more than one family/household account per day

I am not suggesting that their is anything wrong with this in fact that policy is fair on those who only click such offers once per household as often with those kind of offers it is the same person attempting to double up by clicking on two accounts using different IP address.

Actually says on the offers "Recurrences may be limited", in some cases will be the merchant restricting recurrences e.g repeat new customer take up of a credit card cashback incentive.

In other instances such as the example I have given it is TCB limiting such recurrences by limiting/restricting tracking.

Also a case "Maximum" of 1 or 2 or 3 per day isnt an entitlement it is merely an upper limit.
  • casjen
    I'm not sure if this is aimed at me. But it is not the same household/ family account or what ever description you want to infer and is completely irrevalent to the question in hand

2 completely separate accounts for separate humans in separate houses in separate streets !!! Doing an experiment to see why one account is treated different to another.
  • casjen wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is aimed at me.

If my forum post was aimed at you I would have quoted you. :p
  • Have looked into registering my cards with quidco and topcashback as they're the highest rated on here. Just wondering if there is any conflict if I do it on both?
  • Hi Matt,

I have received a response to my claim on TCB, but not in my favor!

Although my purchase is showing 'Confirmed', it tracked at a lower price and I am not being given my cashback of 20% as advertised at purchase.
    You yourself acknowledged that there were two rates of cashback for this retailer (See below).
    Plus, surely you must have records of offers provided by retailers to assist in your claims process.

If my purchase has been 'Confirmed' by the retailer, why am I not being given the full cashback I am entitled to?
    BraveHeart wrote: »
    Hello TCB,

On 13 July 2017, Hotels.com was showing '20% 24 Hour Deal' on 'Booking without Hotels.com Rewards'.

As a result I made a couple of booking with Hotels.com on 13 July 2017, but cashback pending is lower than the rate advertised.

Surely this is a TCB error and not Hotels'com?

I have already lodged Missing Cashback Claims. Do I have to go through with this?
    Hey BraveHeart,

The tracking network relates back to us how much commission to expect and we reflect this on your account.

I do recall with this merchant there was two rates of cashback, one was for Booking with Hotels.com Rewards. If your order met this criteria you would only be eligible for a lower rate. If your order didn't meet that criteria then I will need you to lodge a claim so we can query with the network why it's credited you with that lower amount.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • casjen
    If my forum post was aimed at you I would have quoted you. :p

Every forum has its know it all...looks like I've found the one on this forum.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone,

@casjen - While I am happy to just check over your account if you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk going by the information you have provided it would seem as though it could be the process you are using that is preventing your cashback from tracking as expected.

@ JonnyBilli – You are welcome to do this as we are completely different sites 😊

@ BraveHeart – Can you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk detailing purchase price and whether you used the points so I can take a look?

Many thanks,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Can someone remind me, please, which official/regulatory body I should go to when cashbacks and bonuses are not paid when they should be?
    digital
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure