Praise for Vodafone shop

While to many it may not seem the greatest thing I can only praise my local Vodafone shop.
Not being the most tech minded person:( and unable to get info from one sim card to another I asked my shop if they could help. Not only did they swap all my details over in a few mins but there was not even a token charge for the service:)
These days when many are just out for what they can get {money wise} it is nice to find places that still are willing to help customers:)

Comments

• spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    They will have put your old and new sims into their Red Box where is transfers over automatically.

they wouldn't have sat there doing it manually.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    It is good they did this but I'm sure EE and O2 offer this service for free too. It's quite a standard service
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    spirit wrote: »
    They will have put your old and new sims into their Red Box where is transfers over automatically.

they wouldn't have sat there doing it manually.

Thank you for that information but to be honest I would not have understood {even if possible} to be able to do it myself. I am just glad that there are people out there that have the knowledge to do it for me:)
  • London50
    It is good they did this but I'm sure EE and O2 offer this service for free too. It's quite a standard service

I did not know that but I do think that it is only right to give praise when it is due.
    Too many times I read vents {sometimes without justification} on here so I wanted to give a praise to a company that helped me :)
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    London50 wrote: »
    Thank you for that information but to be honest I would not have understood {even if possible} to be able to do it myself. I am just glad that there are people out there that have the knowledge to do it for me:)

If you look online there are guides on how to do pretty much everything that you would want to with technology. So if you don't know how to do something then all you need is the Internet!.
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    takman wrote: »
    If you look online there are guides on how to do pretty much everything that you would want to with technology. So if you don't know how to do something then all you need is the Internet!.

To be fair to the OP, I would have asked the store to do it anyway since it takes significantly shorter time for them to do it.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    spirit wrote: »
    To be fair to the OP, I would have asked the store to do it anyway since it takes significantly shorter time for them to do it.

It wouldn't really take any longer doing it yourself. If the op is simply changing Sim Cards then all they need to do is copy the contacts from the sim to the phone which only take a few seconds.
    If they are changing phones + Sim Card then they put the old Sim in the new phone copy the contacts then put the new Sim card in which doesn't take much longer.

But now that most smart phones store your contacts on your google/apple account then using the sim to do this is unnecessary and just makes it more complicated.
  • London50
    It wouldn't really take any longer doing it yourself. If the op is simply changing Sim Cards then all they need to do is copy the contacts from the sim to the phone which only take a few seconds.
    If they are changing phones + Sim Card then they put the old Sim in the new phone copy the contacts then put the new Sim card in which doesn't take much longer.

But now that most smart phones store your contacts on your google/apple account then using the sim to do this is unnecessary and just makes it more complicated.

That was part of my problem, the phone I had was not a smart phone while the new {all singing/dancing £20:D} one was and trying to totally understand what to do gave me a headache therefore a 6 min stroll {i'm a slow walker} to the shop had it all done and myself back home {a very happy customer:) } within 22 mins :)
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Clearly it would have taken the OP longer, because they didn't know how to do it.

The shop provided a useful service to the OP, for free. The technology they used is irrelevant. The fact that there are other ways it could be done is irrelevant.

Why can't you just accept it was a helpful and useful service they provided?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker

Sadly, many people choose not to use the back up feature on smartphones and frequently come to regret this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure