No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - March 2017

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have another uu

Estee Lauder Beautiful EDP 15ml - this is a real blast from the past for me as this used to be my best perfume about 20 years ago, I got this in a set with a 75ml bottle plus matching shower gel and body lotion.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hit pan on the highlighter I'm currently using. Yippeeeeee
  • Massa1982
    Massa1982 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Hi All

Quick update from me... no more UU still languishing on 2 so far this month.

Just had 2 Ins
    Corysoldol Mouth wash - part of my gum has gone red and inflamed this stuff is a bit of a kill or cure or a trip to the doctor/dentist may be required.

Mystery face pigmentation serum - free in as was sent to test , first use tingled a bit will see how it goes they want daily use for 60 days.

hopefully more outs soon!
    :pDesperately Determined to Destroy the Debts one at a time.. and Seriously Save for the Spectacular future.:p
  • Hello all!
    Been a bit absent this month but still plodding on. Got INs and UUs to declare.

UU
    2. 96 Evergreen and Cyprus candle WMBA
    3. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer WMBA. It's a lovely concealer but I hate the packaging - squeezy tube with a built-in brush. Off my PP list.
    4. Vichy Lift Activ Night Cream WNBA. Not bad but not worth the money. Off PP list.
    5. Lush Ups A Daisy Bath Bomb WMBA. Really liked the scent but it didn't soften the water so my skin felt a bit dry after. Also, leaves the bath an unappealing colour!
    6. Lush Pop in the Bath Bubble Bar WDBA. Already have more.
    7. Benefit Ready Set Brow WNBA. Makes my brows far too stiff. This was a mag freebie anyway but I'll be sticking with my £2 Collection Clear Mascara for my brows. Off PP list.
    8. L’Occitane Pivoine Flora mini Hand Cream WMBA. Smelt nice but not as moisturising as others from L'Occitane.

IN
    1. No7 Essentially Natural Foundation
    2-3. No7 Cleansing Wipes x2
    4-5. Simple Cleansing Wipes x2
    6. Superdrug Naturally Radiant Renewing Night Cream - Replacement for my Vichy night cream that I UUd. I have lots of moisturisers but nothing that's as rich as I like for a night cream. I'm really liking this so far. It was about £3, feels lovely and I find the smell really relaxing which is great before bed.
    I'm generally quite impressed with Superdrug own brand stuff.

I used those £3/£5 vouchers for the No7 bits and it was on 3 for 2 so it ended up being about £9 all together when the foundation costs £10 on its own so that was good. The other Simple wipes were from my mum; I mentioned that I needed wipes but she didn't know I was already getting the No7 ones and she got the Simple on a good offer in Superdrug. So I am fully stocked on wipes for now!

Have quite a few things that I should be able to finish this month. I'm pleased I made a dent in my PP list, too.

Will try to catch up on the thread! :)
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Had a few recent UU:

Tesco Purifying Thermal Face Mask 15ml - I love this face mask. It's very relaxing and definitely made a difference to my skin. WDBA but will use up other masks first.
    1 x mini perfume from gift set 5-10ml approx - I only have one of these left now. I've been using them at work. Will be great to use them all up as they aren't my favourite scents.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Hit pan on the highlighter I'm currently using. Yippeeeeee

Which one? Just being nosey.
    I used those £3/£5 vouchers for the No7 bits and it was on 3 for 2 so it ended up being about £9 all together when the foundation costs £10 on its own so that was good. The other Simple wipes were from my mum; I mentioned that I needed wipes but she didn't know I was already getting the No7 ones and she got the Simple on a good offer in Superdrug. So I am fully stocked on wipes for now!

I'm going to go into Boots tomorrow and do this. Don't have a voucher but I do have enough AP points for one pack of No 7 wipes so I will be only paying cash and full price for one pack. Did you get the GWP too?
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    17 Australian Body Care tea tree body lotion HG. A new one on order.

18 NYX Milk eyeshadow crayon I sharpened this yesterday and the whole nib came out! It was pretty stumpy though. WNBA. I used this on my brow bone and inner corner of eye and have plenty of other products I can use for this.

OUT - Sold a bottle of Liz Earle Eyebright and a Tarte eyeliner to my friend at work.

INs:-

Went into Boots yesterday for a bottle of nail polish remover. These were on clearance at 25p each so picked up four bottles.

Also, on the clearance shelf was a Liz Earle try me kit containing travel sizes of Cleanse & Polish, IBST, Skin Repair moisturiser, face mask (can't remember which one), sponge and cloth. Reduced to £13.00. We are going to Lanzarote the week after next so Emma can use these there.

Ladies, I am in the dog house. I've managed to take some varnish off the coffee table with nail polish remover. I left a cotton pad on the table and put my iPad on top of it! MRM not pleased.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    I have two GA's

Collection Cream Puff Matte Lip Cream in Fairy Cakes & Cotton Candy
    - I love the colour of the Cotton Candy one but not the other but within 10 minutes of applying every flaw in my lips is highlighted and I don't even have dry lips.

and one TA

Bare Minerals Round The Clock Waterproof Eyeliner in 5pm Plum
    - I wore this yesterday and the plum colour does show up on my waterline but it wears away at the outer edge and the inner edge and just stays on in the middle, and on the lash line it is too dark almost black really. I am being brutal with my makeup, if it doesn't make me feel good (the whole point of it) I am getting rid.

• dolly84
    VALM - hope you can get your table sorted.

• VALM
    19 50ml Royal Jelly shower gel WNBA.

20 30ml Elemis Oxygenating night cream lovely product have more in stash.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family