The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Comments

• Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Annft wrote: »
    Hi I have just had an email asking me to join. Is it hard to do? I am already doing the World Mail Panel where I just enter items received and post letters back - which I enjoy and is quite easy. Bit worried this one might be a bit confusing for me.

There's a bit more work involved with this one - you have to record the letters and SMARTs (transponders) received and post out letters, jiffy bags and the odd cube, including SMARTs in these. I usually post about four or five items a week and receive similar.

Where are your nearest post boxes and post offices? That might determine whether you accept or not!
  • Annft
    Annft Posts: 138
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi thanks for the reply. I live quite near to post boxes and post office. I usually post items most days for work. I also jog in the evenings and quite often take letters to post with me so that shouldn't be a problem. :) received 2 things this morning - one was cardboard with a4 paper folded inside in a jiffy bag -presume they are test items but nothing in my online posting schedule and no smarts. Is this normal?
  • Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi thanks for the reply. I live quite near to post boxes and post office. I usually post items most days for work. I also jog in the evenings and quite often take letters to post with me so that shouldn't be a problem. :) received 2 things this morning - one was cardboard with a4 paper folded inside in a jiffy bag -presume they are test items but nothing in my online posting schedule and no smarts. Is this normal?

You should be fine then! Yes, you'll be in the testing phase for six weeks or so and you'll receive cardboard SMARTs and will be sending and receiving items to/from the same address. Go to your received items and log them as arriving. There are instructions online if you're unsure.
  • jewels49_2
    jewels49_2 Posts: 23 Forumite

Hi, You should have a print out of the schedule with the received items. It tells you on your posting schedule the time to post the item usually before last collection on the date it has to be posted and where to post the item ie post box or post office. Take time to read Q&A's also click on the training button and download all the info you need.
  • HomingPigeon
    HomingPigeon Posts: 388
    Forumite
    Hi Annft.

I've just finished my first 6-month stint and initially I found it a bit confusing but soon got the hang of it, and I'm sure you will too.

There's always the helpline to fall back on, should you need it. I used it in the beginning and found them very good, they put my mind at rest.

The FAQ section on the website covers a lot but if there's something you'd like further advice/assistance on, the helpline telephone number is 0800 015 3150 (Mon to Thurs 9.30 to 4.30 and Fri 9.30 to 3.30) or email them at rmsurveys-helpline@tnsglobal.com.

The telephone number and a link to the email address is at the bottom of the FAQ list on the website, under 'Contact Us'. Whichever way you contact them, make sure you quote your panellist ID number, as they always require it.

However, I've found that reading through the posts here on MSE and asking other panellists for advice has been a big help to me.

I learned a lot from other panellists, so my advice to you would be - don't hesitate to ask. There are plenty of contributors to MSE who are 'old hands' so to speak. They will help you.
  • Annft
    Annft Posts: 138
    Forumite
    Hi many thanks for all your replies. I have started reading the FAQ which seems very good. It's nice to know there is plenty of help here. Just a quick do you get a printed posting schedule every week?
    Thanks
  • tomvox
    tomvox Posts: 186
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi many thanks for all your replies. I have started reading the FAQ which seems very good. It's nice to know there is plenty of help here. Just a quick do you get a printed posting schedule every week?
    Thanks

Yes. Each week you'll get envelopes, labels and occasionally a flatpack cardboard cube in one delivery. Inside will be your posting schedule. You'll be told how to prepare your items for posting (handwritten or preprinted label and size of envelope to use) together with details of what SMART to use and when and where to post them. You'll get the hang of it fairly quickly I'm sure.
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How often is everyone getting the larger items to post? I'm getting at least one each week - this week I had to post a cube yesterday, and another cube today!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• cherie1122
    cherie1122 Posts: 489
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My sister had three in a week a little while ago. I think one a week is fair - why don't you give them a ring and tell them two a week is too many.
    You could always leave one of them until the same day the following week - they don't mind you doing that
  • Runnerduck
    Runnerduck Posts: 3,146
    I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    juno wrote: »
    How often is everyone getting the larger items to post? I'm getting at least one each week - this week I had to post a cube yesterday, and another cube today!

ive got 2 to post on different days next week and my post office is a 12 mile round trip, so i will be doing the one on a different day as i'm not making 2 special journeys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure