Clydesdale/Yorkshre Bank PPI

RaeR
RaeR Posts: 72 Forumite
edited 2 March 2017 at 12:13PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi all,
I'm here to see if anyone can help.
Around 12/13 years ago we were on benefits and were with yorkshire bank. One payment had gone out with not enough funds to cover it, they let it go and charged us then for and kept charging upon charges. One day we came to it and they left us without any money to feed the kids, buy nappies etc.
We got in touch with them and they gave us a loan to cover it, my husband dealt with it but we were quite naive at the time and didnt properly take things in and as we were panicking just said yes and took the loan.

So to around Dec 2016 my husband got a letter saying they had news about a product he had, had with them and for him to contact them. He rang them and said yes its him etc, but we heard nothing. Recieved the letter again in January and this time we sent the details with the letter in the envelope.

A few days ago we had another letter along with a questionnaire to fill in. We dont remember much about the loan etc and so dont know how to go about this, we could do with any money we are entitled to.

Wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or anyone can help with this so that we have the best chance of receiving any money we are owed?

Thank you in advance
Rachel

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    RaeR wrote: »
    A few days ago we had another letter along with a questionnaire to fill in. We dont remember much about the loan etc and so dont know how to go about this, we could do with any money we are entitled to.

Wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or anyone can help with this so that we have the best chance of receiving any money we are owed?
    First understand that you are not automatically "entitled" or "owed" anything. You have to fill in the form as fully and honestly as you can describing how insurance attached to the loan was somehow mis-sold to you. If you were on benefits, was this in addition to paid employment or instead of? If it was the latter, then protection from unemployment was of no use to you...
  • RaeR
    My husband was unemployed at the time.
    Thank you for your reply
  • [Deleted User]
    My husband was unemployed at the time.
    So I'd say your chances of a refund of the PPI are very strong indeed.
  • RaeR
    Thank you,
    Im just worried as we dont really remember much about it, such as account number etc. We left them after the loan was paid off. If I remember correctly.
  • [Deleted User]
    Thank you,
    Im just worried as we dont really remember much about it, such as account number etc.
    The account details would have been on the letter you received telling you that you can complain if you wish. I assume you still have a copy of this?

Regardless, your only complaint reason needs to be that the insurance was utterly useless to you because you were already unemployed at the time of the sale.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,465 Forumite
    Just one thing. Are you absolutely sure the bank wrote to you?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • RaeR
    Yes. I checked address/phone number etc when we got the first letter :)
  • [Deleted User]
    -taff wrote: »
    Are you absolutely sure the bank wrote to you?
    Clearly a CCL.
    Why wouldn't the Bank send one of these to the OP?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,465 Forumite
    I asked just in case it was a CMC. Two letters and a form etc etc.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Holywell
    Holywell Posts: 9 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    I also received a letter from yorkshire bank asking me to contact them in Nov 16. When I called them they said I may have been mis sold ppi in the past and invited me to make a complaint if i thought i had been mis sold ppi.I made my complaint over the telephone for 10 loans and credit cards. Ppi had been front loaded so I had paid interest on them too. All complaints were upheld and I am now waiting for cheque for 25k. I had no information other than one loan account they had quoted on the original letter they had sent to me but they checked their records and some were done manually dating back to 1997 and they found all of the other records. I was honest with them to the best of my knowledge when I made the complaint. Go ahead and answer the questions they ask to your best ability. Do not go through a claims management company. I have had in total 37k refunded to me and I made complaints to 4 different banks all were upheld. They will accept your complaint over the telephone so it's quicker too. Just make a note of your reasons for making the complaint and have them to hand when you make the call. Don't delay:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure