Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,642
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It is a huge contrast between teaching days, that require concentration and being on the go from when you get to school, to when you leave and the first days of the holidays. I always enjoy getting evenings and weekends back! Hope you are able to enjoy these days without feeling guilty.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,812
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I feel your pain.
    I have a complaint with the said bank which has been ongoing since the shambles began back in April & have still no resolution.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I am very much enjoying the time away from work HSL - working on the guilt. Had a bit of an enforced rest day today. I woke up at 2am feeling really unwell, and pukey sick, then didn't really get back to sleep - so that kind of wrote my day off. I cancelled my tutoring and stayed home to rest. Slept lots on the sofa and then watched a bit of telly. I'm feeling better but I've still got a pain in my tummy - though I am going to attempt some toast in a few minutes as I haven't managed to have much to eat yet today, just a couple of biscuits this morning.
    DS finally got his bedroom clear enough for me to take his old bed down and put the new one up. I don't know if I found it so difficult because I'm poorly, overweight, old, out of shape or a combination of all of the above. I really need to make the effort to do something about it and get more healthy. I'm always saying that but it's always at the bottom of my priority list.
    I feel a bit sorry for the people at the bank Beanie - it must be awful working in that environment over the past few months. I'm trying to just relax about it and be grateful that my current account isn't with them. And I spoke too soon about ex. He asked me for money yesterday, which I've had to give him while I'm still in limbo with the finances. He got enough to pay his rent but very little else. That's over £1500 in the few months since he went - no wonder I'm so skint paying that out on top of not having his money. But it means I will need to borrow less from my mam when we come up with a figure to pay him off. And hopefully that is coming very soon.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    I feel sorry for the people at the bank too.
    Unfortunatly my main current account & main credit card is with them.
    My stress levels with it all have been dire.
    Hours of my time just wasted.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning ccl, I love reading your diary each day and cant believe you disassembled and reassembled a bed whilst sick! Well done you! Well done on being so kind to your ex as well and seeing the bigger picture, Im not sure I could be the same but its very good of you.
    Hope you enjoy your summer holidays and get plenty of well deserved lazy days.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Fmess wrote: »
    Morning ccl, I love reading your diary each day and cant believe you disassembled and reassembled a bed whilst sick! Well done you! Well done on being so kind to your ex as well and seeing the bigger picture, Im not sure I could be the same but its very good of you.
    Hope you enjoy your summer holidays and get plenty of well deserved lazy days.

Basically this!! X10

I really wouldn't be that kind, and I totally wouldn't have been sodding about with bed if unwell!

XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Basically this!! X10

I really wouldn't be that kind, and I totally wouldn't have been sodding about with bed if unwell!

XX

This. Oh this.

• juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi CCL
    Just catching up as I've had a manic end of term too. Pleased to hear everything is getting sorted. Make sure you get some me time.
    Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Aw, thanks so much you lot :grouphug: I just think I put a boring shedload of rambling on here which I find helpful - it means a lot to know that people are reading and supporting me along, and most importantly not dying of boredom when they read...
    As for ex, I am trying to maintain a relationship with him for the sake of the kids. He is their dad, and he is owed some money from his share of the house, which he needs and I am still waiting for stuff to be sorted. And he's also a decent bloke underneath everything - always was. However, if it wasn't for the kids I definitely wouldn't even still be in touch with him. Although it is making the divorce go quite smoothly in terms of getting stuff signed etc. We're both just waiting for things out of our control - solicitors, courts and banks.
    The bed was only a 2 and a bit hour job - my exercise for the day yesterday. I need to do more though... will maybe look on YouTube for beginner videos or something.
    Another rubbish night of sleep... I fell asleep on the sofa last night watching Netflix - somewhere about 1am, then was rudely awoken after 3am by a cat knocking a coffee table over and the other cats running for their lives because of the noise. Went up to bed but couldn't get to sleep until after 5, then up for the day not long after 7. As a result I have been a bit short tempered and grumpy all day. And Monday is the day my lovely cleaning lady comes so we have to go out for a few hours...
    So, I wrote a list and took me and the 2 kids, plus bestie's ds off to the Metrocentre.
    We had dinner using my 2 for 1 deal from Meerkats, which saved us some but not loads as it didn't include the kids meal deal. And we got a free round of drinks after they took absolutely ages getting the food out. While we were waiting the kids decided what shops they wanted to go to, and then off we went. I bought a bargain bathmat in Primarni, reduced to £3 and I've been looking for one for ages. Also bought another new nightie for myself, plus socks and a schoolbag for ds (on the list). DD has slightly more expensive taste and wiped me out for £72 in River Island and £46 in New Look :eek: However, she's now completely ready to return to school in September. I found a bargain beauty shop, which I've never seen before called Bodycare - it sells all of my usual brands at much cheaper than I'd expect... so I got deodorant, hair removal cream, toothpaste, foot mask and some new razors, all my usual brands and less than £12. Happy days.
    Now I'm home and relaxing in my new nightie, determined not to put Netflix on and get sucked in for the evening. In fact I think that I'll look for a 10 minute exercise video now. Then I'll do some crochet before getting a very early night.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,027
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    That sounds like a useful shop, CCL. Always worth stocking up when you find toiletries at a good price.
    Well done for getting that bed put together single handed. I remember assembling a double bed by myself years ago. I thought it'd be a doddle so didn't start it till 9pm.......finally climbed into it just before 2 a.m !! Never again, lol x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure