ESA - Medical evidence

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    NeilCr wrote: »
    You need to send evidence to support what you have said on the form about your medical condition

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/medical-evidence/

Appointment letters, for example, wouldn't normally provide that

Agree with this.

Don't just send all letters. Read them carefully, and send them only if they support your case.

The DWP can use these letters to support their argument for refusing an award.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    Last time it was ATOS (without F2F) and this time is www.chdauk.co.uk. Are the medical assessment harder or easier now?

I am scared being called for F2F, but have so far information on my conditions from hospitals.
    No assessment is easy. If you do have to attend one just give as much info as possible and avoid answering just a yes or no.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I need to return ESA50 in few weeks, can I send letters which I haven't received yet from hospital (secretary is busy) and letters that I receive after the return date of ESA50?
  • poppy12345
    I need to return ESA50 in few weeks, can I send letters which I haven't received yet from hospital (secretary is busy) and letters that I receive after the return date of ESA50?
    You can yes but it's always better to send them with the form, otherwise the evidence may not be used. Is there no chance at all of receiving them before you send the form off?
  • tazwhoever
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You can yes but it's always better to send them with the form, otherwise the evidence may not be used. Is there no chance at all of receiving them before you send the form off?

I have two appointments last week of this month, I need to send form first week next month. These letters, normally take 3 - 5 weeks after appointments. So I wouldn't have them.

So in this case, can I send them after sending the form?
  • poppy12345
    I have two appointments last week of this month, I need to send form first week next month. These letters, normally take 3 - 5 weeks after appointments. So I wouldn't have them.

So in this case, can I send them after sending the form?
    As i previously stated yes you can but the evidence may not be used.

This happened to me in the past, i was waiting for evidence and sent it after the form was sent. It wasn't used because when you send the form, it's sent to the assessment providers along with all the evidence you send. When you send the evidence at a later date it may not be used.
  • tazwhoever
    Poppy12345 - thank you
  • tazwhoever
    Two questions please on (ESA50) -

Page 2 - Have you been in hospital for over 28 days in the last 12 months?

Is this being inpatient?

Page 7 - Are you having or waiting for any treatment which needs you to stay somewhere overnight or longer?

Is this being inpatient?

I attend many hospitals (scans, blood tests, etc) for my conditions every two months, but there isn't any likely for an operation.

If inpatient, then ticking NO would go against me?
  • poppy12345
    Two questions please on (ESA50) -

Page 2 - Have you been in hospital for over 28 days in the last 12 months?

Is this being inpatient?

Page 7 - Are you having or waiting for any treatment which needs you to stay somewhere overnight or longer?

Is this being inpatient?

I attend many hospitals (scans, blood tests, etc) for my conditions every two months, but there isn't any likely for an operation.

If inpatient, then ticking NO would go against me?
    It means what it says, have you been in hospital for longer than 28 days. It doesn't mean hospital appointments.

You can't tick yes, if it doesn't apply to you.
  • tazwhoever
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    It means what it says, have you been in hospital for longer than 28 days. It doesn't mean hospital appointments.

You can't tick yes, if it doesn't apply to you.

Due to neurosurgery, language is weak.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport