Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I wish I was around to give him a good talking to, Mooloo. You're too close, and it's making you miserable, and I hate that.

DS doesn't have any learning difficulties, does he? If not, he's just being a complete idiot, and he will have to live with the consequences. You don't have a magic wand, as much as you would love to - nobody does. If he doesn't change his life himself, nobody will do it for him. He REALLY will have to learn for himself.

Even with all the money in the world, if he doesn't change his attitude, he will fall. And, sad and hard as it is - you have to let him.
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    PS: his "moral high ground"?

He doesn't even have a ground to be moral on!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I cannot sleep.
    I am tossing and turning.
    I have absolutely no solutions. I totally agree that he is stupid, acting like an idiot and has only himself to blame.
    I also agree that he has to want to help himself.
    He doesn't have any diagnosed learning difficulties except dyslexia. Although I think his brain is ruined by cannabis. His only friends are the family from hell, he is being used and played by the ex gf, his children are used as pawns in her game.
    He has depression, is malnourished, he considers himself a victim and not the cause. His sister and I, and my mother, have tried to reach through the fog and tell him to change his ways, we have all come to the end of the tether with him and are so frustrated that it is very difficult to be supportive in any way.
    My heart is aching as I know that he is desperate for help but cannot see that the people he is turning to are half of the cause of his problems.
    I believe that he will follow his friend who committed suicide and that I will have a knock on the door within days if not months from the Police with bad news.
    I believe that he is in denial that he has any problems and that he thinks that he was a victim in all of his problems.
    I believe that he is in need of help from Doctors/psychiatric, and clinical. I believe he needs drug counselling, and debt counselling.
    I believe he needs help with every aspect of growing up and facing the facts and becoming a man.
    But I don't believe that I am the one to do that.
    I believe he resents anything I try to say to him and that he will never learn the hard way, or any other way.
    I believe that my Son will amount to nothing because he cannot see himself in the person that I just described. He will probably die before he gets any where. He will not give him self a chance and I am waiting for the enevitable.
    That may sound dramatic but the fact is he is in a fragile state mentally and being controlled by those around him.

The only thing that he does show is the love for his boys.
    Love as we all know is not enough.
    Without taking responsibility for his actions I fear he is a lost cause.
    And it breaks my heart.
    How did I manage to have such a dysfunctional family?
    How do I get any rest from the turmoil I am constantly dragged into?
    I love my family , but I am in despair at the lot of them. Even Biggest is on occasion not living in the real world.
    Luckily she doesn't have any problems with dyslexia, or autism or anything else. She just has to get her priorities straight and know that she's going to have to stop trying to rule the roost and get her husband and finances out of the clouds and back in reality.

I have just made my teasmade make tea now. I see little point in trying to sleep with my head so full.

It's going to take more than a little brain storm to come up with a result for family issues than it does for my business ones.
    I found that a much easier decision to be able to make.
    I at least know that if for any reason I could not work in the garden I have enough job skills to find work elsewhere.
    Even if I was a dinner lady and or a cleaner, a toll operator, or work in a bar. I would find work.
    I wish you could say that for my son and the twins.

Roll on Easter, a week in the caravan with some of the grandchildren and A few sea breezes to chase away the cobwebs.

Tomorrow/today I am going to be at home pottering for a little while before taking Mum shopping etc. In the evening I am not sure if BF is popping over or not as he is having his central heating rerouted due to leaks under the floor. But if he does come I don't mind either way. I am so distracted with this rubbish that I don't suppose I will be much company anyway.

I am sorry to ramble on. I know that there is no advice that hasn't already been given and nothing that I can do anymore. Except watch the nuclear fallout from this particular episode in the life of Mooloo.

Erm
    This year I am planning to Manage it remember!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Mooloo wrote: »
    For over a year I have been telling him to get Doctors help for the depression, cut out smoking, especially any funny stuff. That his association with the family from hell will put him in the gutter.

This sentence here sums up his life really - even if his depression came before the cannabis use it is not going to be helped by smoking cannabis.

I do appreciate why people smoke cannabis and its a great way to forget your problems but honestly it just makes you feel even worse the next day so you smoke it again to forget your problems and the cycle continues.

I expect this is why he doesnt keep himself clean or his flat - once you have smoked it you have 0 motivation to do anything.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Sorry didn't see your new post this morning, just followed the link from the subscribe email and posted.

Its a very sad state of affairs but I do think nowadays for a lot of young people smoking cannabis is the norm, they don't realise the effect it has on them and others.

I believe in the past DS has blamed you for giving more time to the twins - I assume this is just his victim mentality and unfortunately cannabis does give you that mentality because in your mind you have done nothing wrong and its the world is wrong.
    Of course the family from hell wont help as they are so negative anyway so they will fill his head with all sorts.

I hope he can come out the other side but he has to want that help and until he does no one can do much for him.

((Mooloo))
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Time to get up again. Very little sleep for me, and in the nap between 6 and 7 I had nightmares so today is going to be a little tougher to get through.
    Time to slap a smile on my face and get Dgd up.
    I didn't do the dishes last night so I am regretting that one this morning.

Best foot forward I suppose (and drag the other one!)
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    So very very sad.
    As the mother of a DS who stuggled in his teens I so so feel your pain.
    Unfortunatly if your DS has no desire to change it makes things so difficult for you.
    All you can do is stand on the sideline.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sending you ((HUGS)) Mooloo - no help to you really, I know, but the thought is there.
  • louloufox
    louloufox Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I feel so sorry for you at the moment Mooloo, I never post but always read your diary.

I also feel you should step back a bit now, but with your serious worries over ds's possible future I wonder if it's worth spelling it out to his ex what you worry will happen?

Surely even she would not want this to happen and take the pressure off him a bit?

My thoughts are with you very much at the moment.
  • geminilady
    geminilady Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Oh Mooloo (hug) As a mum myself I really feel for you.I know everyone is telling you to step back and of course you should in some ways especially financially but it is your son.How would all the posters on here feel if he did take his own life.You have lost enough in your life.Could you or biggest persuade him to go to the doctors? depression can be treated and it would make it easier for him to cope.One of my sons was very hard work ,he got in with a bad crowd
    in his teens,drink and drugs,until one of his friends was killed in a car accident,after that he stayed in for years playing his xbox, n
    infact until he was thirty! Then something clicked,he got a better job,started dating and met a partner,they now live together with my lovely grandson and are very happy.Just want to give you hope that things can change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure