Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Now that hardly seems fair to Biggest and her little family - what would happen if she were to go into premature labour? Social Services would have to step in then surely? Or hand the boys back to their parents? Not a good situation :-(

Are DS and GF still getting the benefits for their children - or has that already been transferred to Biggest?
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    No biggest isn't getting any financial help at the moment and I have no idea but I suspect that the gf is still claiming tax credits and child benefits. Biggest is not entitled to child benefits or tax credits as her husband earns over the limit, and social as we know have not set up a funding package. It took me 6 months and threatening letters to get my funds from them, and every year they means test me and reduce my funding. They are doing that at the moment and my funding is not coming in the bank properly at the moment either.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    supermezzo wrote: »
    Is this of any interest/use, Mooloo? https://www.home-start.org.uk/

Yes I suggested then as well. I used to get help from them 30 years ago when I first had the twins
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • thorsoak
    Yes, I suspect that GF may not be good enough on the cleaning/caring side, but is keen on keeping the money!

35 or 34 years ago, I was helping to set up a proto-type Home Start as a volunteer!
  • Savvy_sewing
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Yes, I suspect that GF may not be good enough on the cleaning/caring side, but is keen on keeping the money!

35 or 34 years ago, I was helping to set up a proto-type Home Start as a volunteer!

When I was Chairman of the TAMBA in Northampton I used to arrange for Home Start for a lot of our Mums especially those with triplets.
    Life savers!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Not ideal.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    I think my next job is to research life in Portugal more.
    Bf has been texting, yes I know I didn't block him , but after my telling him that I am looking into Portugal seriously he has said another lot of good byes.'
    I think both of us have looked for hanging on, but actually the future dreams have been the deciding factor.
    I want Portugal and he doesn't. He cannot offer me an alternative and I need to try it.
    So that's another nail in the coffin.

I better build my dreams then!
  • whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2018 at 7:01AM
    Mooloo, you know when you told the artist that you were too busy for him,, tell exbf that too.

editing to add that you referred to him the other day as exbf, but now you seem to be calling him bf again
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I think my next job is to research life in Portugal more.
    Bf has been texting, yes I know I didn't block him , but after my telling him that I am looking into Portugal seriously he has said another lot of good byes.'
    I think both of us have looked for hanging on, but actually the future dreams have been the deciding factor.
    I want Portugal and he doesn't. He cannot offer me an alternative and I need to try it.
    So that's another nail in the coffin.

I better build my dreams then!

I’ve read this thread in full but haven’t read all the others so apologies for any factual errors, however I must add that you need to consider your granddaughter in this.

This girl is used to seeing people leave and enter her life on a regular basis and that is not healthy.

She has lost her mum and I assume her dad along the way, although she still sees mum it’s not the typical situation of living with her.

She has lost aunts and uncles.

She is losing two cousins as we speak and from other comments I assume you have had other grandchildren taken into care and being totally removed from the family, so there is more loss

Now she is seeing you with a partner who comes and goes. She is not being shown what a family unit is like from seemingly any of your family members (possibly with the exception of your eldest who still has all 4 of her children with her?)
  • thorsoak
    Marliepanda -I suggest that you read ALL of the Mooloo threads, to get the whole picture which runs from when the twins started living their chaotic lives - how Mooloo was not able to get the help that was neededto keep them on the right road, and her attempts to keep the whole family together - Biggest, Twins 1 & 2 and DS. From the day that she was born the non-failing stability in DGD's life has been Mooloo. Her father never was part of the picture - and in the very early days her mother hardly bothered with her and was relieved when Mooloo stepped up to the plate.

Read the whole story - then see if you would still write your comment in the way that you have.

There, but for the grace of God, go I - and many, many others I am sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure