IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye fine - King's Lynn

hi, I have recently got a parking eye fine for being in a car park a few minutes longer than I should've. I have seen other threads saying to ignore them and not pay, but i am bit worried on if that's the right thing to do. Please can someone advise me on the best form of action to take!

any help would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is asked not to post until after reading the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Go there now - your questions are answered there
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Current and comprehensive advice on private parking and how to challenge a ticket is provided in the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum - you badly need to read it carefully - NOW!
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    how many minutes is a few? less than 10?
    who's car park?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Cal_3117 wrote: »
    I have seen other threads saying to ignore them and not pay

Not on this forum unless in Scotland or NI you haven't!
  • st nicholas retail park kings lynn, 24 minutes over. i did purchase items from the shops on the complex though
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Send the blue text template appeal from the newbies thread as the keeper.

Go back to the store with the driver's receipts and complain to the management. Tell them that they are in danger of losing a valued customer as parking is too expensive. Let them know that all your friends and family are watching for the reaction of the store management before deciding whether they can continue to shop there.

If the instore manager won't help, go to head office. Write to the CEO.

Maybe complain to the site management too Stick st nicholas retail park kings lynn into google to find them.

Do not disclose the identity of the driver.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Cal_3117 wrote: »
    st nicholas retail park kings lynn, 24 minutes over. i did purchase items from the shops on the complex though
    And having now read the NEWBIES thread people are asked to read first before posting, you now know what to do BEFORE you appeal.

Please don't ask where the NEWBIES thread is. I don't have the coloured writing below, for fun.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure