The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

NST - Achievable August

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    greent wrote: »
    Treat (yourself) !!!8211; I think I'll use my £3 towards getting my eyebrows done (waxed and tinted) - haven't had them done for over a year :)

Now I have an image of one perfectly shaped and tinted eyebrow and waiting for next month's treat to do the other one. I shall play my own version of :

The I - Spy Turtles book:rotfl:

Keeping an eye out for likely candidates at the supermarket later...:T

For the knitters/crocheters - there is a lady on our local community fakebook page who crochets 3 facecloths, ties them in a soap bar sized bundle (2 of one colour, 1 of another) with a ribbon, and gives them away.
    She just likes to crochet. They are in hot demand! A great stocking filler and the people who have them, absolutely love them.
    I also know someone who raves about their crocheted pan holder (mini oven glove that is not a glove). But you probably knew that anyway didn't all you crafty types.:).
    My name is F0xh0les and I have no discernable craft talent (sniff, sniff):(
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • s1n25
    s1n25 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Tropically wrote: »
    I am thinking about flowers. My husband is travelling for work this week and I really needed a hug from him. The shower curtain rod has pulled down, two people have tried to scam me on gumtree (or one person twice, which is more likely) and a number of people have not turned up to collect some free items!

I was giving away a piece of sports equipment for free, and planning at 3 pm for someone to come at 5:30 pm. No one turned up and then at 7 I got a text saying, "This is X's partner. We can't come tonight because she is in A&E. But we can come collect it tomorrow.' I guess the problem is not too serious if they are planning to do sports the next day while sitting in the A&E waiting room! Anyway those people can stuff it and I might just put it outside with a note that says free.

Then, when I got on the train, I stumbled and accidentally punched someone's phone across the train carriage. I was so embarrassed and went to pick it up and then fell down again. He was really nice about it but it so far has been an awful morning.

Sending positive vibes, today is another day and I hope todays better than yesterday.
    Debt Free Diary..."Start of a new chapter"
    Nov: Unsecured Debt : £2,900.. Bring your lunch to work 1/18..NSD challenge 5/20

• s1n25
    s1n25 Posts: 113 Forumite
    The flowers for August are the Gladioli and the Poppy which represents beauty, strength, love, marriage and family.
    Friday night, which means it’s face mask night!! I’ll be staying in tonight (NSD) tea, read my book, facemask & chill.

AimOn day 3 of NSD. Food shop happened on Tuesday already got everything for tea, it’s Taco night.

Update (Budgets)
    On track with budgets. Positive yesterday I had budgeted a train ticket to see my friend in a couple of weeks which I purchased at the start of the month (make sure I didn’t spend the money) Now found out I have to work away the week before, I’ll only be an 30mins away from my friend’s house! Which means I can use the train ticket work is paying for…. Free train ticket through work, saving myself £60! Bonus.

Get (prepared for Xmas)
    Still need to put my £50 away for Xmas. Will get cash out at the weekend and put away in envelope. Next week I’ll look to plan my present list.

Utilise (free activities in your area)
    Been going on weekly walks with my friend. She was telling me about a fantastic game she got involved in with the children. There has been a Facebook group set up in our area and the aim is for your children to paint a picture or pattern on some rocks, then you go for a walk in the area and hide them in different places (e.g parks, bus stops, school playing fields, etc) anywhere!! When your child finds someone else’s you can take a picture and upload to the Facebook page you then have to hide the rock you found for someone else. It’s a massive game of hide and seek, the kids love it! and it’s free.

Share (money saving tips)
    Someone posted this bit of advice on my debt free diary this week and it’s really helped me. It’s so simple but something I NEVER do…. Carry cash. Do not use your card (unless its an emergency). Budget how much you want to spend on the weekend, for example, and only carry that amount of cash. There is no temptation to spend more then! I’ll be using this method this weekend, will let you know how I get on.

Treat (yourself)
    Nothing this week, saving myself for next week’s nail appointment.

Have a lovely weekend Turtles!! x
    Debt Free Diary..."Start of a new chapter"
    Nov: Unsecured Debt : £2,900.. Bring your lunch to work 1/18..NSD challenge 5/20

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Reporting in Day 3 not counting today yet as might go out later

SFD 1/19
    Food £20/£100 will use vouchers up first if I can.
    Fuel 0/£40
    Going out £11/£50
    Zoo membership 0/£44 Gone down by a £1 I guessed figure wrong.
    DD nothing I can cut down on.
    Birthday/ early xmas 0/ £100

Hoping I have self raising flour in so I don't need to spend today. DD1 birthday last week, so will make a party tea tomorrow. Got lots in so just need to make a cake - hopefully no spending. Who doesn't like a party tea even at 34 yrs old:rotfl:

Will make birthday scones if not - does that count as money saving tip:rotfl:
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,313
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 3 August 2018 at 2:26PM
    Another NSD chalked up today. Not much to report, other than a terrible night's sleep for some reason. Tonight I'm just going to have a bubble bath with a face mask, chocolate bar and prosecco. Yum!

Just thought of another money saving idea - for those of us with pets, it's always good to go to a wholesaler if you have one nearby rather than a pet store. I always go to a horse wholesaler to buy sawdust for my rabbits, so much cheaper than the tiny bales you get in pet stores.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,408 as of 03/24
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    S1n25 we play that here in Derbyshire. It is like geocaching but without the need for gps etc. The local parks have loads hidden around, it is very cute.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Day 3

The flowers for August are the Gladioli and the Poppy which represents beauty, strength, love, marriage and family.

Did my manicure on 1 August and have been putting cuticle moisituriser on my nails in the evenings to try and nourish them each night. Have left the tube beside my table at the couch as I had tried it by my bed before but then would be too tired and forget.

Rules:

Aim – for 15 NSD’s this month. 2/15. Spendy day today with the last of the stuff needed for school bought and the shopping.

Update (Budgets)done including today's spends

Get (prepared for Xmas) as it was a spendy day today I also ordered the couple of presents I had seen for the boys which should be delivered tomorrow.

Utilise (free activities in your area) - Have spotted something that DS2 may like go go to on Saturday.

Share (money saving tips)done week 1

Treat (yourself)still thinking - saw a really nice nail varnish that in is B&M so may grab that as a treat although I really dont need any more :rotfl:
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Not much to report today.
    NSD achieved 2/20.
    Did not venture out today.
    Done some decluttering, also did mindfulness colouring and wordsearch.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon All,

Work on -Himself took me for lunch today. Dressed myself up so working on my confidence

Aim -2/15. Himself paid for lunch and we bought a dine in from M&S using a voucher so no actual money spent.

Update (Budgets) -Nothing today really

Get (prepared for Xmas) - Had a word with Himself and we think that we may buy some restaurant vouchers etc for most of our family but want to wait bit to take advantage of the expiry date.

Utilise (free activities in your area) - Nothing for today but we have some plans.

Share (money saving tips) - I was going to say book your train journeys in advance. I have a thing with Trainline that advises when the cheap tickets are available. Doesn't always work. We are going to Northumberland in September. Tickets have just been released but half the journey is by bus because or works or something and the train that we have to get in time to get get to Berwick to catch out connection is not reduced. So, we are going to do the journey by bus (which is free because of our bus passes) and spend the money the train would have cost to spend a nice stay over in Edinburgh

Treat (yourself) - Leaving the manicure until my nails grow a bit so they can be nicely shaped but not talon like.

Have a nice weekend .
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi all
    Just checking in. Nothing much to report - went into work this morning and did a few extra hours there that I needed to get done. Woke up with a headache and haven't really managed to pull myself round at all today. I'm feeling mentally better than I was this morning but physically not great. Early night ahead (looking after myself).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure