I need some advice about changing from adsl to fibre

My contract have just ended with plusnet for my phone line and broadband so I'm thinking of getting fibre broadband but what do I need to do if I go with another provider. I've contacted plusnet and they said they will upgrade me for free from broadband to fibre but I will have to take a new 18 month contract which I'm not happy about as I would rather a 12 month contract.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    To go elsewhere you sign up with your chosen supplier and they will arrange everything
  • Phone them back and say you're looking to move to the NowTV £20 a month 12 month contract then, if they won't budge from 18 months then just join NowTV online. I think you may be able to get Topcashback on it so have a look.
  • burtons
    burtons Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Phone them back and say you're looking to move to the NowTV £20 a month 12 month contract then, if they won't budge from 18 months then just join NowTV online. I think you may be able to get Topcashback on it so have a look.
    Where did you find nowtv for £20 and how do I use topcashback as I've never heard of it before
    I will contact plusnet again as when I went on live chat yesterday they offered me Unlimited Fibre broadband for £7.99 per month for 18 months, then £15.99 per month thereafter. Line rental is £18.99 per month. Total: £26.98 per month for 18 months on a new 18-month contract The upgrade itself we do for free. The only cost we do ask for is £6.99 for the postage and packaging of a new fibre router.
  • burtons
    burtons Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    AndyPK wrote: »
    I went on nowtv but I didn't realise I had anytime calls ticked so it was taking the price to £28.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I think the time will soon come where they give away ADSL with line rental. My ADSL line syncs at 8mb which is plenty enough for me. Of course its more about throughput than line capacity and even a fibre line can let you down in this respect.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    burtons wrote: »
    I"]www.uswitch.com
    [/URL] I went on nowtv but I didn't realise I had anytime calls ticked so it was taking the price to £28.[/QUOTE]

That was free two weeks ago when i priced up v BT .
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Damm Damm. So wish I wasn't tied in at the moment.

Although after 12 months it rises to £35
  • AndyPK wrote: »

Or of course https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/ which is linked at the top of every page here.

@burtons it gives a £20.84 effective price because they roll in the £9.99 delivery costs over the 12 month contract.

Topcashback (there are others) are a site that do deals with companies where you sign up to them through TBC and literally get cash back. Note that the deals vary as do the contracts your signing up to so check the T&C's, also never rely on the cash back as it's not guaranteed. Ad blockers tend to mess them up for one.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/now-broadband/
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    I priced up Plusnet via their own website and TCB this week. The TCB link to Plusnet website was £4 per month dearer than direct to Plusnet, so even with cashback (if it pays out) it would have still been dearer via TCB than direct. Now this may not always be the case but is worth both checking direct and via cashback sites before committing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure