Leeds building society application worries

Comments

• anyone gone through a mortgage with leeds bs in 2018?
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Little has changed from the above.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We have just gone through a mortgage application with Leeds.

It was very smooth took 14 days from full application to mortgage offer and they were very helpful when I rang them even though we were doing it through a broker but the broker wasn't keeping us updated but Leeds were happy to tell us when the valuation was taking place then I rang and they told me I had an offer and they would email it to me.
  • I've just had a DIP from Leeds after it went through referral. Has anyone been through referral at DIP stage and still got accepted on the full mortgage? Slightly worried!
  • bigstevex
    bigstevex Posts: 913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    chocodile wrote: »
    I've just had a DIP from Leeds after it went through referral. Has anyone been through referral at DIP stage and still got accepted on the full mortgage? Slightly worried!

If anything, human eyes have looked at it for the referral hence probably less to worry about if it passes referral. Ours was a referred DIP too due to type of income, application currently progressing
  • Hi, we have put an application through a broker with LBS on the 8th August and got a phone call today, 9th, to inform us that the valuer was coming out to value our property on the 15th..
    Has anyone any idea at what stage of the process this might be?? Tia.
  • JLammy
    JLammy Posts: 29 Forumite
    Contrary to the above, I had a very good process with Leeds BS. Here's the timeline so far:

26/07 - Full Application Submitted
    03/08 - Memorandum of Sale forwarded to Leeds BS
    03/08 - Booked valuation inspection for 06/08
    07/08 - Mortgage Broker amended the service charge to reflect the higher amount on the MOS
    08/08 - Passed Valuation & Offer Received
  • So strange that you applied before me yet have your offer when a valuation wasn't even required for mine. :(

21/07/18 - AIP reffered but approved
    23/07/18 - Home Offer Accepted
    25/07/18 - Full application and documents (including home report) sent to broker and Leeds
    25/07/18 - Credit search has appeared on credit file
    03/08/18 - Leeds request proof of deposit - Sent (advised this is the final document)
    09/08/18 - Leeds waiting on copy of the home report to be assesed
    10/08/18 - Waiting.....
  • JLammy
    JLammy Posts: 29 Forumite
    Not sure why that is I'm afraid! I was fully expecting to be rejected too... So i'm very happy that I received an offer in the end!
  • KatieLou10_2
    KatieLou10_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 16 August 2018 at 6:40PM
    Finally a post about Leeds still in use! I'm panicking so much my full application is in and after losing one house in March due to the lender coming back with a reduced offer to lend I am so scared about losing this one! Fingers crossed!

02/08/2018 Decision in Principle received
    03/08/2018 Full Application in aswell as ID, 3 month wage slips and bank statements
    07/08/2018 Valuation of the property performed
    08/08/2018 Confirmation that valuation came back at price paid £180,000
    09/08/2018 LBS requested two wage slips that I had missed in my submission
    10/08/2018 Requested wage slips submitted!
    14/08/2018 Satisfactory application and now to the underwriters
    16/08/2018 LBS request signed declaration of who will resides in the property, completed and submitted.

Now in the waiting game!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport