PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparing for Winter V

Options

Comments

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    It was that cold this morning in our kitchen , I had to put a top on!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well it seems that looking for winter woollies was not such a daft idea after all.....I found Debenhams had a 50% off sale on and today an additional 20% extra off! so I got a Red Herring long rust coloured snuggly jumper and two brushed cotton shirts from The Collection by Debenhams for £32, result or what?
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great bargains Mrs LW. I'm hoping to get tp D*benhams before the sale ends, I like their "Collection" stuff.
    I've also got 2 gift cards to spend there, whoo hoo!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Ditto beentherdonethat. I've been after sheepskin slippers for many years now. My birthday is September so I've asked DH and the girls for Lambland slippers. I would like soles on the bottom for washing line and bin trips.
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    For all it's stonkingly hot here, I feel like I should be starting winter preps - maybe it's because all my fruit trees are going to be ready far earlier than last year, and I'm itching to harvest and cook/freeze them!

When the temp drops a little, I'll be crocheting more blankets for beds, sofas, and in the car, and slowly building wood and coal stocks for the stove. Also looking for a second slow cooker and a few bits of winter clothing for us all, so tootling around various online and RL life sales.

A xx
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • LadyhavershamLost
    Options
    Still blooming hot ( not complaining mind!)!!!8230;. have inundated the drycleaners with the winter coats that need cleaning and stocked up on winter tights for tiniest child from A**I.

picked up a few winter bits in the sales - bargain gloves etc...

I saved my list I mae last year and will be crossing bits off as I work my way through it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It will be a new house for me this coming winter and summer 2010 was baking then followed by weeks of snow. Anything could happen this winter. I have only had 2 visits and the survey has not yet been done, so I have no idea what to expect. Its an old house pre-1930 and detached.
    I am planning a couple of things, a new clearview stove, which will mean a new fireplace and chimney lining. Fireplace survey has been done and the quote is on its way.A new front door, composite with foam inner. I am combining my need to be warm with my need to feel safe
    I am in a cosy eco house now and appreciate that this new home will be a lot colder but being able to have the fire damped down all night will help
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, keep the fire in during really cold spells. It warms the bricks and the stone walls and really makes a huge difference.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bought another lovely warm top with a hood in Debenhams 70% off sale today, a Tog 24 one too!
  • Laura_Elsewhere
    Options
    Our winter duvet has gone in for cleaning :)

I'm starting to look at my two new autumn-winter skirts that I'm making, considering cutting diagrams and designs and feeling excited...

The blackberries are starting to ripen, too...
    2024: 66 coupons
    second-hand acquisitions (no coupons): c.5 yards rich-red heavy linen fabric, free; c.3 yards cream linen, eBay;
    2024 needlework (reverse-coupons): 3:i:24 sleep-mask (0); 12:i:2024 red linen pinafore dress (7); *Reverse-couponing*: 7 coupons

........................................................................................................................................................................2023 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 66 coupons for 2023 - Jan 27th jeans 6 coupons; February 25th, 2 pairs plimsoles 2x5 coupons; March a second pair of jeans 6 coupons, 300g of wool for slipover 6 coupons, 8 metres linen for undies, 0 coupons as present; leather lace-up shoes 5 coupons; May blue t-shirt 5 coupons, two pairs of shorts-knickers 4 coupons each; December grey/red tartan dress 7 coupons, four pairs knickers 4x2 coupons, pyjamas to wear as blouse and knickers, 5 and 2 coupons = -1 coupons left for 2023..2021 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 66 coupons for 2021TotalRem'g as of Oct 5th 43.5..2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: Calculations not done yet - started with 74.5 coupons (66+8.5 from 2019)..2019 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 8.5 coupons left out of 66
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback