PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    My goodness Jensfeet how very inspirational. And thanks for your welcome.

Out:pizza and chicken pieces.
    In: Nothing.

Spent £16.16 on groceries.
  • NSD#12 for us. OH cooking chicken curry and rice for their tea. I'm miserable and sore so having a liquids only day hopefully happier tomorrow.

Out: 2 chicken breasts (was meant to be for 4 of us - probably have leftover curry)
    In: nothing as yet

Thank you for the recipe info Franalana.... Gherkins one of my very favourite things too - and we always have them in!

Impressive freezer inventory Maiden Mum!

Hope everybody has a really lovely weekend x
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In to the freezer: 2 portions lentil soup, 2 bagels, sliced pineapple rings
    Out of the freezer: 1 portion pork ribs, a handful of mushrooms, baked sweet potato chunks
    Used up: small slice of smoked salmon, end of a bunch of grapes
  • Out: 2 chicken breasts, 1 piece tilapia.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Used up fridge bacon, a tin of beans and the fruit loaf. Also used freezer pizza. Tomorrow is bean stew, so mixed beans and a tin of tomatoes will be out. Not sure about lunch or breakfast. I'm having a bad day today. Hoping I wake up happier tomorrow.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    To be honest I am doing it alone but I have 2/3 read the Michael Mosley (he of "Trust me, I'm a Doctor" fame) book "the 8-week blood sugar diet" - I felt really creaky in my joints and low energy and I must be a candidate for diabetes (Fat Female Fifty something) so I thought, here goes nothing and it is easy and great. I probably need to cut my consumption of nuts and fruit so they are part of a meal and not a filling snack though... :o
    SL

Thanks Suffolk Lass, I downloaded the kindle version last night and spent a couple of hours hiding under the duvet reading it.
    I started to give it a go today, we only eat quite plain stuff here so a Mediterranean Diet, with the emphasis on low carb and no sugar is going to be a bit of a culture shock to the system. However, it's one way of using up a whole drawer full of tomatoes, plus all the veg instead of making soup with them.

OUT
    prawns
    tomatoes
    cooked turkey
    plums
    last of the takeaway for DH
    three mince pies
    rest from fridge and cupboards.

IN
    nothing
  • Morning all!
    I made potato, spinach and chickpea curry last night with naan bread which is a start on the mountain of potatoes I seem to have. I get a big load in my veg box every fortnight but I always end up with a backlog. I need to get more creative with my spuds.i have a portion left in the fridge which will be lunch on Monday.

I'm feeling quite pleased that I've actually run out of SR flour because it means I'm using it and it's not just sitting there being wasted money in the cupboard.
  • Really mad today. After reducing freezer and cupboard as well as tinned/pkt goods ready for operation next week and recuperation at daughter's, had phone call to say it is cancelled for now, so had to go out and buy stuff, bread/milk/fresh veg. Naturally as I was so disappointed I bought cakes too, 3 lots. Bang goes the diet as well !!!!
  • That's annoying whmf0001. Hope it can be rescheduled soon.

I've just meal planned up to a week on Tuesday. LOTS of cooking to do - Guests next weekend. Sandwiches to prep and freeze for when I'm away. Using up of stuff that will go OOD. I feel like I'm juggling. Also need to pack for 2 different trips before this weekend (taking some of my diet food with me)when we have guests. And get washing done between trips etc. Agggh.

List, list, must make list.

Out - 5 wholemeal muffins, bacon medallions, grated cheddar. Going to make Bacon and Egg McMuffin Bake. A few portions can go back in the freezer for weekend breakfasts. It will also use up all my eggs, carton of egg whites, OOD milk. Rather practical really.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Feeling frustrated, cant seem to clear this freezer fast enough. Out one pack of mince, back in three chill con carne.
    Slimming World at target
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure