IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye>popla fine.

Comments

• zicok
    zicok Posts: 24 Forumite
    Hi I am in the same position I need to admit and pay £160 by next week or go to court. What would I have to gain by going court?!? Help
  • zicok wrote: »
    Hi I am in the same position I need to admit and pay £160 by next week or go to court. What would I have to gain by going court?!? Help

A chance of winning, and not paying

Fairly obvious.....
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • zicok
    zicok Posts: 24 Forumite
    A chance of winning, and not paying

Fairly obvious.....

Based on what though? What arguments could be successful? Do the car owners win often?
  • zicok wrote: »
    Based on what though? What arguments could be successful? Do the car owners win often?

This is something you should spend time looking through the various sites , do the home work really,
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    zicok wrote: »

You were asked on another thread to start your own thread, hijacking other people's threads just causes confusion.

D
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    zicok wrote: »

You were asked on another thread to start your own thread. Please don't hijack other people's threads as it just causes confusion. Thanks

D
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • ashilda
    ashilda Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hi all...a bit of advice please?
    Long story short, I paid for parking but have no proof, failed PE & POPLA appeal as used the mitigating circumstance of PE machine was faulty which they deny.
    I got a LBE, came on here for advice and sent 3 page letter of response with photo evidence of inadequate signage. Did the usual...asked for landowner details, etc etc and have now had a generic letter before CCJ form sent to me....so glad I spent hours constructing my LBA response! their letter starts with 'on the__we notified you...blah blah' they havent even bothered to fill the date in! rude!!
    I was expecting to get court papers after LBA reply not letter before CCJ... what do I do? ignore it, reply saying how disappointed i am that they clearly havent read my letter?
    Is there something you have to do legally at this point? I dont want to write another letter repeating everything in the first but would like courts to see that I have noted they have responded with generic letter which doesnt help anything. Finally, I know nothing about the legal system but know how badly a CCJ can effect credit rating, if/when we go to court if I lose do I then have a CCJ against me? I am sure it will go to court purely because they have paid £27 popla fee and they wont want to be out of pocket and with me having no evidence thanks to their machine and popla appeal being unsuccessful they must think they have a great chance of winning... help?!
  • Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    Re the CCJ - you only get that if you lose and then don't pay what the court orders in 28 (?) days.
  • ashilda
    ashilda Posts: 18 Forumite
    Anybody have any advice on whether I should reply to this LBCCC or just ignore?
  • Right you have a few choices here, people dont shoot me down for saying this

You either complain to the landlord/shop etc and see where that gets you
    When you receive your court claim (which you will) you either defend it in full (if you feel you can do that, in court (also sorting out your defence), or you make an offer to pay their costs when you receive papers.

Or you just pay up now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family