Loancheck/Watsons Solicitors

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    kate705 wrote: »
    What complaint do you mean? The case I have is with BK and will go to new solicitor. Like a lot of people here, I need to find out if I can have the case back now either to do myself or place with someone. The problem is that all this time has been wasted.
    How long has this been then Kate since first putting the complaint in?
  • kate705
    kate705 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Watsons have had this case for 15 months.

I would like to know the success rate of the bank claims industry. I think I need to take the case up with the FO and stop believing promises from solicitors and middle men! :(
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    marshallka wrote: »
    But NO_ONE should incur charges for pulling out. (Remember Loancheck said "No risk whatsoever to the client). The solicitors have clearly breached their contract themselves by not communicating with clients so cannot see how they can actually enforce anything from it on clients. This is confusing, I realise what you are saying about waiting BUT surely by now people are entitled to make complaints about the service. Do you think there will be charges if people pull out and they can actually enforce them on the clients?
    I am not saying do not make complaints, do so why not. I am just concerned that people are going to be charged for breaking contracts, rightly or wrongly.

I think Solicitors have had to take out Loans to cover the costs of the case, insurance and pay Loancheck as well so some solicitors are financially stretched to say the least. I believe they are not going to be nice and understanding, I believe they will stick to their guns here.

I think we need to write to Solicitors again stating what you expect and what you feel has not been done in accordance with the original agreement etc and that you are unhappy and if not satisfied with their reply then complain to their legal body.

I am hoping that with encouragement on this site people will get tough and stick up for themselves.
    :mad:
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite

I would like to know the success rate of the bank claims industry. I think I need to take the case up with the FO and stop believing promises from solicitors and middle men! :(

Are you able to take it to the FOS Kate?
    :mad:
  • marshallka

Hi Kate, you would probably have to make a complaint about the service you have received (or not as the case may be!!) from Watsons and then ask that they let you withdraw from the contract with no charge first. I would write recorded delivery and ask them to give a written explanation as to why your case has not got anywhere. Perhaps they will get back, apologise and then take it on and get you your money OR they will allow you to withdraw with no charge BUT if they write back and state you would incur charges for this then perhaps you need to contact the law society and make an official complaint (although the latter I would have done myself before now!!). If it is correct and the hold up is because of Loancheck and the data being in the hands of the administrators then will any case actually move forward? Surely they would need details to continue the complaint anyway? At least by getting in touch with them first and giving them 7 days to reply you may have something solid in writing.

I hope you get it sorted.
  • marshallka
    maxdp wrote: »
    Its worth a shot against the insurers. FOS are actually accepting complaints against insurers and trying to make them responsible for the actions of the lenders/brokers. Always worth a shot. The trouble is that people need their data back.
  • marshallka
    edited 15 February 2010 at 9:25PM
    I am not saying do not make complaints, do so why not. I am just concerned that people are going to be charged for breaking contracts, rightly or wrongly.

I think Solicitors have had to take out Loans to cover the costs of the case, insurance and pay Loancheck as well so some solicitors are financially stretched to say the least. I believe they are not going to be nice and understanding, I believe they will stick to their guns here.

I think we need to write to Solicitors again stating what you expect and what you feel has not been done in accordance with the original agreement etc and that you are unhappy and if not satisfied with their reply then complain to their legal body.

I am hoping that with encouragement on this site people will get tough and stick up for themselves.
    But one poster says that Watsons do not want this type of work anymore. If this is the case then I wonder why when it was such a money making scheme? If they have paid loancheck and have to get the money back then surely they would be insured for these things? I wonder what their contract said with Loancheck for these types of things happening? Also weren't ALL cases risk assessed by loancheck before passing onto solicitors so they should all be good cases TBH with good chances of winning or have they found out otherwise perhaps? Has something happened in law to make this change perhaps?
  • kate705

I took a complaint to the FO before re this case and unfortunately it was not upheld. It was on a completely different point of law. The reclaiming of the PPI is totally separate so guess I can take it to them if my complaint isn't dealt with by the lenders. I will have to start from scratch and just reclaim myself direct from either the lender or FO if they will not repay.
    Hope this makes sense...
  • kate705
    Its worth a shot against the insurers. FOS are actually accepting complaints against insurers and trying to make them responsible for the actions of the lenders/brokers. Always worth a shot. The trouble is that people need their data back.

I have a whole lot of data upstairs from lenders, brokers etc. I was hoping to hand it on to a solicitor to deal with it but looks like I'll have to get it out again.

Surely people can still get all the data from the lenders still anyway?

Quite interested about insurers, when I first started challenging the situation they passed the buck from lender to broker constantly. It was really hard to understand who was responsible.
  • kate705
    But one poster says that Watsons do not want this type of work anymore. If this is the case then I wonder why when it was such a money making scheme? If they have paid loancheck and have to get the money back then surely they would be insured for these things? I wonder what their contract said with Loancheck for these types of things happening? Also weren't ALL cases risk assessed by loancheck before passing onto solicitors so they should all be good cases TBH with good chances of winning or have they found out otherwise perhaps? Has something happened in law to make this change perhaps?

That is exactly what I have been thinking, was it in the autumn when a big case was lost regarding all the unfair bank charges? Were a lot of the cases connected to charges for commission etc? Sorry haven't kept up with the law...does anyone know?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure