"Complete Savings" scheme

Comments

• stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Energize wrote: »
    I signed up to this scheme through the trainline website, it was very clear that you were signing up to a £16 a month scheme to get the £30 cashback on offer.

In the space of a couple of weeks I have got the £30 cashback offer, my £15 monthly bonus for the dominos I get at least every month anyway, another £50 cashback for buying a laptop from laptopsdirect, and another £50 cashback for buying a camera lens from currys which was the cheapest place I could find it. So £130 better off, plus some more cashback on train tickets I've bought since.

Seems like a great scheme if you are a frequent spender at the retailers on offer, can't fault it, my cashback has been approved very quickly for every purchase I've made. How on earth people signed up to it without realising it was a subscription service after providing their credit card details I don't know.

Ok... so which one of us is Energize a Pseudonym of eh Zebu??? Surely there cannot be another person who actually wants to defend Complete Savings?
  • Abbey1991
    Abbey1991 Posts: 159 Forumite
    What does Martin say about this company - it sounds potentially worthwhile for people who shop online a lot.
  • Abbey1991 wrote: »
    What does Martin say about this company - it sounds potentially worthwhile for people who shop online a lot.

You don't have to shop online 'a lot' but just shop online at least once a month so you can claim your 15 quid membership fee back plus you obviously get 10% cashback on whatever it is you bought too :money:

Of course the grand wizard of the Anti Complete Savings Klan Zebu will no doubt accuse you of being me, stemcgoo, Energize, Jewelle and whoever else for not joining his band of zealots in their crusade against CS but that would appear to be par for the course on here :(
    When in doubt shout louder!
  • Abbey1991
    Abbey1991 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Thanks BlueNose. So do I have spend £150 to get 10% of that back to cover the £15 fee?
  • Abbey1991 wrote: »
    Thanks BlueNose. So do I have spend £150 to get 10% of that back to cover the £15 fee?

Absolutely not no; you can buy something as small as a £1 pack of drawing pins from Ebay if you wish, still get your 10 pence cashback and then forward the confirmation of shipping to their monthly bonus email address for them to validate your £15 member bonus every month.

One thing worth pointing out is that I think you need to generate a certain threshold of cashback before they weigh you on. I just checked my account and the smallest sum I've ever received is 6 quid so I am guessing they don't transfer cash you're due till it reaches a fiver which is the same as Quidco I believe.
    When in doubt shout louder!
  • stemcgoo
    Absolutely not no; you can buy something as small as a £1 pack of drawing pins from Ebay if you wish, still get your 10 pence cashback and then forward the confirmation of shipping to their monthly bonus email address for them to validate your £15 member bonus every month.

One thing worth pointing out is that I think you need to generate a certain threshold of cashback before they weigh you on. I just checked my account and the smallest sum I've ever received is 6 quid so I am guessing they don't transfer cash you're due till it reaches a fiver which is the same as Quidco I believe.

I think what BlueNoseChas is alluding to is there may be a minimum payout of £5. It just means anything less in terms of cashback waits until it builds up like Quidco or Tcb (wash my mouth out...)

Personally I’ve never found it difficult to accumulate £5 per month but checking my cashbak history there have been occasions where I’ve had no payout one month but then £7.30 has come the next month which would confirm the guess that cashback builds up until there is enough to payout.
  • stemcgoo

Of course the grand wizard of the Anti Complete Savings Klan(

ROFLMAO

I salute you Sir BlueNoseChas!
  • ffs
    ffs Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have no recollection of ever giving 'Complete Savings' authorisation to take £15 pm from my account, but apparently this happened nearly 30 months ago

Is it possible that TheTrainline did this 'on my behalf'?

Now that they have £400 from me without me realising that I had inadvertently become a member, I'm not inclined to write it off without querying how this came about

Is there a standard letter I can send the Complete Savings asking them to show that I authorised these payments?

Before you ask, no I didn't notice the £15 a month exiting my bank account, and the handful of emails I received I dismissed as spam
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    When you booked your ticket you would be given the option to sign up. Looks like you did this without realising what it was for

https://www.thetrainline.com/en/help/question/4140/can-i-cancel-my-complete-savings-my-time-rewards-membership
  • onashoestring
    onashoestring Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I joined in Feb 19 for the initial Welcome reward of £30 , the T&Cs are now very clear , unless you cancel you will be charged a monthly fee.
    I have decided to keep the account as I regularly purchase my tickets through Trainline , Complete Savings pay 10% cashback on all these purchases plus I have also had 10% Cashback when making online purchases at M&S, Wilko, eBay , London Theatre Direct , Travelodge & Crew Clothing.

In addition to a monthly bonus of £15 each month ( which covers the £15 monthly fee ) I’ve so far received £ 96:96 paid into my bank account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure