Natwest/RBS Payout Times

1272829303133»

Comments

• Just wondering if anyone has had their payout before the 28 working days has elapsed? Im on day 16 and still waiting...

hmm well mine is almost 28 days and I was getting so fed up of waiting as everytime I called they told me they cannot put me through to the payments team and my payment was still held!

Yesterday I rang Natwest Mentor which is their complaints and left a message saying I was not happy and will go to the Financial Ombudsman and for them to call me the next day to discuss this at a certain time. Low and behold today at said time I had a call saying that my cheque had been processed and was in the post today!!!

Maybe you ahould call Natwest Mentor???
  • Sorry to bump an old thread, but was wondering if anybody has had any payments recently with Natwest/RBS?

They've agreed to pay me just over 20k, they've received the acceptance letter and I've received a text saying that payment will be made by the 8th November. Obviously I'm still a week away from this, but was just wondering if other people have been having to wait until the end of the "window" to get their cheque.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It varies and others' experiences won't have any impact.
  • Thanks for the response. Oh well, I'll just twiddle my thumbs a bit more!
  • They paid on the very last day of the 28 day period!

Phoned this morning to chase it and was told the cheque was done yesterday, then an hour or so later I had a text telling me the cheque had been issued.

Off to stalk the postman now!
  • Hey everyone, my PPI claim was successful and i have sent back my approval of their offer. They have sent me a text today that they've received the acceptance letter and payment should be with me by 21st December. The PPI was on an old loan i had with Natwest which was paid off 4 years ago. My question is i have an old natwest credit card that is still active (i havent used it for over a year and im slowly paying it off) would the PPI claim go directly into the credit card account? Or does that only happen if you have an active loan you are still paying off? i don't have any other accounts with Natwest anymore. Do they actually advise you nearer the payment date on how they pay you the funds??

Many thanks in advance
  • JPmagic wrote: »
    Hey everyone, my PPI claim was successful and i have sent back my approval of their offer. They have sent me a text today that they've received the acceptance letter and payment should be with me by 21st December. The PPI was on an old loan i had with Natwest which was paid off 4 years ago. My question is i have an old natwest credit card that is still active (i havent used it for over a year and im slowly paying it off) would the PPI claim go directly into the credit card account? Or does that only happen if you have an active loan you are still paying off? i don't have any other accounts with Natwest anymore. Do they actually advise you nearer the payment date on how they pay you the funds??

Many thanks in advance

I had a balance on my card and I expected them to offset my payment against clearing it, but they didn't, I received a check for the whole amount which I then used some of to clear the balance.

They paid on the very last day of the 28 day period, cheque arrived a few days later and cleared within 48 hours.
  • Oh so you were like me, you didnt know how they were going to pay until you received a cheque it in the post.

thanks most helpful, in that case i will just wait to see what happens and if i haven't heard nothing in 28 days or received nothing i will check the credit card balance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure