Starting over 2017

Options

Comments

• Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £24 cashed in from PA and another side hustle meeting booked in for next week, each one pays about £40 so will have done 8 by end of next week. Won't pay the mortgage but it's a help. Another application taken in today and about three to do for Friday.
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Hope the applications go well, hard work filling them in.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Good luck with the job hunting, I'm sure you'll get something soon but it's hard and demoralising work doing all the applications.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Thanks, loathe doing applications because they take so long and then you just send them off & rarely get feedback. Woke up this morning to another book sold on Amazon so a win already - taking every positive I can ��
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Yes it is tricky to second guess. I did a contract with a council recently and it was an opener seeing how they shortlisted. I would never have got an interview if I had applied direct. You had to go through the requirements point by point and give (multiple) examples of how you met the criteria. eg Proficient with microsoft office - I have used office in a work context for over x years, and have used X, Y, Z to produce X, Y, Z would get full marks. Not mentioning it at all got you zero and off the list (if it was essential), and anything in between was scored appropriately. It wasn't enough for it to be 'experience of X essential' and then say I have been advising on x for 20 years - see CV. That was 1 point. Zero points if I just assumed they would look at past experience. To get full marks I would have had to write a full description, x years as Y, covering z and everything up to X.
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Think that's where I need to be far more specific about my teaching, have already changed supporting letter significantly and also added in some more details about wages as I am taking a huge step down financially so that needs to be clearly stated. The forms don't have any space for that kind of info.
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Sold another book today and worked supply & a meeting so a win money wise and NSD because I didn't have time to even see a shop! 2 applications in and an agency interview tomorrow, busy is much better than bored
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Pay day for the hubby so done some more Santa shopping today, almost done apart from the food. Hubby is working on Christmas day so that will save us a lot of spending as the kids aren't bothered about the whole massive foodfest tbh. Last time they wanted pizza and lasagne when he was working - they did, in their PJs bad mum alert!
    Timesheet sent in, HMRC documents filled in, books dispatched and two job applications sent in. Off to a Christmas fair soon to buy up a few stocking fillers.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You'rd having a very efficient day, have a lovely weekend :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Not so efficient today, mostly on a go slow and enjoying some peace and quiet with the kids, they're both tired and have pretty low expectations of the weekend. Need to do a food shop soon cos there's hardly anything fresh in the house
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure