Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Having said that, it would seem that some ex-bank employees are also pretty unethical when it comes to scalping banks for every penny they can squeeze out of them in 'compensation' for increasingly tenuous trumped-up complaints! ;)

Just like the banks giving bonuses to their staff to rip-off customers:D. I remember when the bank gave traffic lights for the number of PPi that they had sold to customers and it was shown to the hole team. Mmmm...do you think the team was encouraged to mis-sell PPI ?:D
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Just like the banks giving bonuses to their staff to rip-off customers:D. I remember when the bank gave traffic lights for the number of PPi that they had sold to customers and it was shown to the hole team. Mmmm...do you think the team was encouraged to mis-sell PPI ?:D
    I'm sure many bank staff would indeed have been incentivised on sales, just like numerous other industries still are - have you bought, rented or insured a car recently for example, and been pressured to buy add-ons that you didn't really need, by staff who are clearly motivated to oversell?

And yes, that does sometimes lead to questionable behaviour, but at least the financial regulator rightly tightened up the controls back in the early 2000s (I think), while plenty of other examples continue in other industries, as above, without them attracting the same sort of opprobrium from the tabloids, etc....
  • Mchambers
    Options
    Thanks for agreeing with me.:D
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,969 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »

Nah, too busy digging...
  • Mchambers
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Nah, too busy digging...

It is a bit of a Toyah and absolutement:D !
  • mary223
    Options
    isaadvice wrote: »
    Seeing all the posts here a few weeks ago about receiving the £250/emails from B etc I decided to call B to see what was up as I hadn't received anything.

Turns out I'm an idiot and messed up the dates to make the £1000 transfers so I actually sent the 2nd £1000 a day early meaning they were both within the first 31 days. They said sorry but I'm not eligible as I didn't follow the T&Cs. Fair enough, lesson learned - make a note of all details. My mistake was I wasn't 100% sure of when the switch actually happened. I swear I had an email stating it, but couldn't find it when setting up the transfers and stupidly didn't play it safe by moving the date back a bit (as I said, I'm an idiot :rotfl:)

Anyway, 11 days after being told I wasn't eligible I received an email saying I'm getting the £250 and sure enough its there in my B account! :beer:

Now to switch to another account for more free cash (and follow the T&Cs this time!)

Wow you are so lucky. I made a similar mistake (paid the first £1000 3 days late as didnt count weekend in my 31 days :( ) But they refused to pay the £250 :(
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,969 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mary223 wrote: »
    Wow you are so lucky. I made a similar mistake (paid the first £1000 3 days late as didnt count weekend in my 31 days :( ) But they refused to pay the £250 :(
    Nothing similar, I'm afraid:

There may be an argument about the wording in the terms that suggests depositing the 2nd £1k within 31 days means within 31 days of the 1st £1k deposit. Isaadvice would qualify in that interpretation.

There is no argument that within 31 days means within 38 days that I can see.
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    My 2nd Direct Debit was paid on January 22nd so I just beat my cutoff of January 25th and the £250 was paid into my account on January 26th. Very efficient!
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    My 2nd Direct Debit was paid on January 22nd so I just beat my cutoff of January 25th and the £250 was paid into my account on January 26th. Very efficient!
    Just received an email from Yorkshire telling me they have got some great news for me and I will be getting £250 for the switched put into my account in the next 7 days!!!!
  • barnesy99
    Options
    Just received an email from Yorkshire telling me they have got some great news for me and I will be getting £250 for the switched put into my account in the next 7 days!!!!

Got the email today too. Checked my account and the £250 had already been deposited. Happy days!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure