Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• hgt
    hgt Posts: 329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Katiehound wrote: »
    No!
    Just be aware that opening the NatWest account may not be quite as instant as it appears. looong thread on here all about it! You might need a bit of stamina!!

I'm certainly no fan of the RBS group of companies, as I've had a right pain opening other accounts in the past (Ulster Bank). But I have to admit Natwest have been brilliant, I was a brand new customer, but from applying online to my switch being completed was 8 days flat (6 working days). Smoothest switch I've ever done :-)
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    harz99 wrote: »
    Should be okay as long as the payments are showing as going to separate Tesco account numbers. Sounds like somebody at B is giving wrong advice as that requirement isn't in any T&Cs I've seen.

Mine were going to two separate Tesco accounts, but only one DD was set up and so they didn't pay (annoyingly).

It was clear when I checked there was only one DD set up, but when I looked at my Tesco accounts they both had the same amount in, so the money must have been going to them separately.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    hgt wrote: »
    But I have to admit Natwest have been brilliant, I was a brand new customer, but from applying online to my switch being completed was 8 days flat (6 working days). Smoothest switch I've ever done :-)
    Well, 2 weeks are up and I still don't have all the info to log on!
    Good thing the switch is scheduled for another 2 weeks- by then the left and the right hand at NatWest might have got themselves organised!!
    Am I impressed- what do you think??;)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggyduvets,26 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=160 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound wrote: »
    Good thing the switch is scheduled for another 2 weeks- by then the left and the right hand at NatWest might have got themselves organised!!
    I must admit I was expecting the same sort of palaver, but surprisingly everything has gone text book. Day 1 account opened, day 2 internet access, day 3 card delivered, day 4 Pin. Card reader ordered and received after 3 or 4 business days. Numerous Txts and emails at each stage for information. My OH’s application and switch have progressed exactly the same as mine.
    Hope I’ve not tempted fate as our switch’s are to happen today (25th), so still could see my bubble burst yet.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Katiehound wrote: »

Keep repeating this mantra

Free £125 ohhhmmm Free £125 ohhhmmm Free £125 ohhhmmm

and breathe:D
  • isaadvice
    isaadvice Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 January 2018 at 2:49PM
    Seeing all the posts here a few weeks ago about receiving the £250/emails from B etc I decided to call B to see what was up as I hadn't received anything.

Turns out I'm an idiot and messed up the dates to make the £1000 transfers so I actually sent the 2nd £1000 a day early meaning they were both within the first 31 days. They said sorry but I'm not eligible as I didn't follow the T&Cs. Fair enough, lesson learned - make a note of all details. My mistake was I wasn't 100% sure of when the switch actually happened. I swear I had an email stating it, but couldn't find it when setting up the transfers and stupidly didn't play it safe by moving the date back a bit (as I said, I'm an idiot :rotfl:)

Anyway, 11 days after being told I wasn't eligible I received an email saying I'm getting the £250 and sure enough its there in my B account! :beer:

Now to switch to another account for more free cash (and follow the T&Cs this time!)
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Always refreshing to read posts from people who are honest and realistic enough to recognise their own mistakes and take responsibility for them, rather than coming on here to sound off about the greedy banks ripping them off, blah blah blah....

Those who believe in karma might even consider that the apparently discretionary award of the bonus could be related to the poster's attitude! ;)
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Always refreshing to read posts from people who are honest and realistic enough to recognise their own mistakes and take responsibility for them, rather than coming on here to sound off about the greedy banks ripping them off, blah blah blah....

Those who believe in karma might even consider that the apparently discretionary award of the bonus could be related to the poster's attitude! ;)

But the banks are greedy, corrupt and are ripping people off. Look at Barclays where the bank and 4 of their directors are being prosecuted for fraud in 2019.
  • My partner has a B account and it’s a very good app she has for it on her iPad.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    But the banks are greedy, corrupt and are ripping people off. Look at Barclays where the bank and 4 of their directors are being prosecuted for fraud in 2019.
    So as things stand here in 2018 they haven't been convicted of any offence and are therefore, under common law, innocent until proved guilty?

However, while playing devil's advocate on that one, don't get me wrong, I'm not blindly defending every employee in every bank and of course there will be rogues in that industry as with any other (who should naturally be held to account and punished accordingly where applicable), but equally I don't subscribe to the unhelpful, inaccurate and lazy tabloid-style stereotype that you parrot either....

Having said that, it would seem that some ex-bank employees are also pretty unethical when it comes to scalping banks for every penny they can squeeze out of them in 'compensation' for increasingly tenuous trumped-up complaints! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure