Comments

• bitm2007
    bitm2007 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 January 2018 at 7:39PM
    Options
    Indiekid24 wrote: »
    Yeah the sun is a rip off

Booking direct with the park can be cheaper for out of season hol's, especially if you need the entertainment passes and linen. There are massive saving to be made in the school hol's however.

I've just done some research for one of my cousin's, for her family of 5 to stay at Devon Valley holiday park on the 27th of August for 4 nights, the cheapest price direct with the park is £414, with the Sun it's a pay only £15 a person date at that park (no service charge and free entertainment passes). So £414 compared to £75, a saving of over 80%.
  • Sabino
    Sabino Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    bitm2007 wrote: »
    Booking direct with the park can be cheaper for out of season hol's, especially if you need the entertainment passes and linen. There are massive saving to be made in the school hol's however.

I've just done some research for one of my cousin's, for her family of 5 to stay at Devon Valley holiday park on the 27th of August for 4 nights, the cheapest price direct with the park is £414, with the Sun it's a pay only £15 a person date at that park. So £414 compared to £75, a saving of over 80%.

Yes, really good saving. But don't forget about extras........

"Service Charge £7.25 per unit per night
    Entertainment+ Passes £3.95 per person per break - Under 5s FREE
    Dog Friendly £30.00 per dog
    Peak Date Supplement: £3.50 per person per break Jun 1, Jul 6, 13, Oct 26; £6 per person per break Apr 2, 6, 9, Jul 16, 20
    PAY ONLY £9.50 May 18, 21, Sep 3
    PAY ONLY £15.00 Mar 30, May 28, Aug 24, 27, 31"
  • scotty121
    Options
    These codes are coming up not recognised when i enter them in the sun app or website. Easy automatically goes in as ea5y and bath goes in as 8ath but they are not being accepted.
  • Scottienova
    Options
    Hi I was wondering for a sun saver could you not just buy 9 papers on the one day for 9 different codes? So you don't have to buy a paper every day?
  • bitm2007
    bitm2007 Posts: 276 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2018 at 7:54PM
    Options
    Sabino wrote: »
    Yes, really good saving. But don't forget about extras........

"Service Charge £7.25 per unit per night
    Entertainment+ Passes £3.95 per person per break - Under 5s FREE
    Dog Friendly £30.00 per dog
    Peak Date Supplement: £3.50 per person per break Jun 1, Jul 6, 13, Oct 26; £6 per person per break Apr 2, 6, 9, Jul 16, 20
    PAY ONLY £9.50 May 18, 21, Sep 3
    PAY ONLY £15.00 Mar 30, May 28, Aug 24, 27, 31"

The 27th of August is a Pay Only £15 per person date at that park (see the bottom line of your reply), so service charges aren't applicable and entertainment passes are included !
  • Gingerbum
    Options
    scotty121 wrote: »
    These codes are coming up not recognised when i enter them in the sun app or website. Easy automatically goes in as ea5y and bath goes in as 8ath but they are not being accepted.

This is also happening to me. Is anyone else having the same problem?
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 9:01PM
    Options
    scotty121 wrote: »
    Gingerbum wrote: »
    This is also happening to me. Is anyone else having the same problem?

You’re putting code words into Sun Savers
    That won’t work, code words are for the booking office that opens next Monday
    Sun Saver codes are unique and cannot be shared
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi I was wondering for a sun saver could you not just buy 9 papers on the one day for 9 different codes? So you don't have to buy a paper every day?

No, it wil only accept one days code a day except when the VIP code is entered as the system will recognise it as a bonus
  • Millio123
    Options
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help? I've purchased today's paper and on the front it clearly says codes and password is on page 32. I've searched the paper inside out and there are codes "which are not suitable as they are website use only and not on page 32 as stated" but apart from that there's definitely no password. I got yesterday's paper with unique code which worked ok but today's paper is a no go. Is it because the Sunday sun is different to the daily sun? I'm at the stage of giving up.
    Any help much appreciated

Thanks
  • psstoverere
    Options
    Millio123 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help? I've purchased today's paper and on the front it clearly says codes and password is on page 32. I've searched the paper inside out and there are codes "which are not suitable as they are website use only and not on page 32 as stated" but apart from that there's definitely no password. I got yesterday's paper with unique code which worked ok but today's paper is a no go. Is it because the Sunday sun is different to the daily sun? I'm at the stage of giving up.
    Any help much appreciated

Thanks

on the front of my sun it says token 2 see pages 28&29 and the token is on page 29 however if you want the sunsavers code instead of the token, you will find it on page 16
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure