Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rob_s0
    • By rob_s0 16th Nov 19, 7:06 PM
    • 50Posts
    • 39Thanks
    rob_s0
    Replace gas heater with radiator
    • 16th Nov 19, 7:06 PM
    Replace gas heater with radiator 16th Nov 19 at 7:06 PM
    Hello,

No idea if this is the right place to post this, but I've got an old gas heater in my extension, which I'd be interested in replacing with a radiator and hooking it up to the central heating system.

I'm no expert on this kind of thing and was wondering if this is a) possible, b) easy and c) how much it would roughly cost to do, if anyone here could give an idea?

Cheers.
Page 1
    • jefaz07
    • By jefaz07 16th Nov 19, 7:51 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    jefaz07
    • 16th Nov 19, 7:51 PM
    • 16th Nov 19, 7:51 PM
    What type of heater?
    Something like a Baxi Brazilia? It can be removed and the gas capped off!
    You can generally link Radiators’s to your system no problem, cost wise depends on type of system (sealed or open vent) concreted floors or floor boards so the cost has massive variances.
    • NotLucky
    • By NotLucky 17th Nov 19, 8:52 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NotLucky
    • 17th Nov 19, 8:52 AM
    • 17th Nov 19, 8:52 AM
    Hello,

No idea if this is the right place to post this,
    Originally posted by rob_s0
    If it's related in any way to LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels, this would seem as good a place as any

but I've got an old gas heater in my extension, which I'd be interested in replacing with a radiator and hooking it up to the central heating system.

I'm no expert on this kind of thing and was wondering if this is a) possible,
    I usually find that where there's a will, there's a way

b) easy
    As you have already declared yourself as no expert in this kind of thing, it is not something you should even be considering doing yourself, but rather appointing a suitable expert to do for you, which is usually very easy

and c) how much it would roughly cost to do, if anyone here could give an idea?

Cheers.
    About 200 plus the price of parts primarily being the new radiator, support brackets, piping, valves, etc.
    Last edited by NotLucky; 17-11-2019 at 9:00 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,112Posts Today

7,673Users online

Martin's Twitter