Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 192
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 25th Sep 19, 8:08 AM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Justice13075
    My mistake . You will need to go straight to the LBA.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 25th Sep 19, 9:11 AM
    • 4,829 Posts
    • 1,306 Thanks
    JPears
    I may well be missing something - I’m very rusty - Do Jet2 do ADR ? I thought they wouldn’t join in !
    Originally posted by NoviceAngel
    They won't.
    Did anyone see this article?
    https://www.jet2.com/News/Jet2_com_Calls_for_Compensation_Reform_/

Many contradictory and disingenuous statements.
    Jet2 clearly still have a big chip on their shoulder over losing 2 landmark cases and regulation 261/204 in general.

I have never been able to get a Jet2 airfair for £80 and I always tend to travel at non school holiday times.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • gb908010
    • By gb908010 30th Sep 19, 2:44 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gb908010
    Any help please? Recently delayed for 11hrs flying from Faro to East Midlands with Jet2. Completed online form via the Jet2 website but recently my claim has been declined. Reasons cited "bird strikes to the aircraft during a flight which may cause damage which requirs immediate compulsory checks and possible repair"

Is it worth me taking it further? or am i wasting my time?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 30th Sep 19, 3:27 PM
    • 12,490 Posts
    • 8,137 Thanks
    Caz3121
    have you checked on EUClaim and bottonline to see if they agree with the Jet2 decision?
    • gb908010
    • By gb908010 30th Sep 19, 3:44 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gb908010
    No i haven't, didn't know they existed. Will have a quick look now.

thanks
    • gb908010
    • By gb908010 30th Sep 19, 4:20 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gb908010
    Bottonline say i have a case?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 30th Sep 19, 4:37 PM
    • 12,490 Posts
    • 8,137 Thanks
    Caz3121
    And euclaim?
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 30th Sep 19, 6:41 PM
    • 2,249 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    I think this one would be tough to do as a DIY case, we did see quite a few successful claims as a result of bird strikes but alas the tide turned and it’s been downhill all the way, but if you can get a NWNF Solicitor to have a go then go for it.

Good luck

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • gb908010
    • By gb908010 1st Oct 19, 8:05 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gb908010
    And euclaim?
    Originally posted by Caz3121

Yeah they also agreed.

I was going to send a letter to Jet2 again but i doubt it will have any effect.
    • Gazzty67
    • By Gazzty67 5th Oct 19, 11:09 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gazzty67
    Hi,I was on the same flight to Dalaman and I still haven't heard anything
    • Gazzty67
    • By Gazzty67 5th Oct 19, 11:11 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gazzty67
    Has anyone had any look claiming through Jet2 I put my claim in on 19th August for a 17 hour 20 minute delay travelling from Dalaman to Leeds Bradford as a result we also missed a concert we were due to attend the next day! but as yet I have heard nothing back from the does anyone have any advice our experience please.
    Originally posted by ph2
    Have you had a reply yet?
    • NoviceAngel
    • By NoviceAngel 5th Oct 19, 11:58 AM
    • 2,249 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    NoviceAngel
    NBA is your friend
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • lallybarry
    • By lallybarry 23rd Oct 19, 8:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lallybarry
    Compensation help
    Hi looking for some advise please. My family were stopped from boarding a Jet2.com flight and had 2 endure a 3 hour taxi ride and overnight stay to fly with another airline 24 hours later. With very little correspondence from Jet2.comI received a cheque in the post explaining it was all I was getting basically. I don't think there payment is anything like the compensation I should of received and they haven't allowed me to send receipts for out of pocket expenses I had like a taxi from the airport to my hotel as I missed my coach on the previous flight. I want to send this cheque back and refuse the compensation can I do this, thanks for reading.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 23rd Oct 19, 10:11 PM
    • 1,856 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Firstly what was the reason given for your family not being allowed to board? How many families missed the coach and had to take a taxi? 3 hours to a hotel, did Jet2 arrange that. Did they say why the hotel was 3 hours away? They should have given you an earlier flight. They owe you a duty of care so they should have given you the hotel at their expense. Also, breakfast lunch and evening meals for all. if it was impossible to make the coach they will have to pay for your taxi. How did they get you back to the Airport the following day Was the original flight cancelled or did it take off, if it did take off you were denied probably due to overbooking if that was the case you will all be entitled to either €250 or €400 each due to the length of the flight. If you believe you are due more call them up and decline the payment. Fill in the compensation form and expenses form on their website.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 24th Oct 19, 9:01 AM
    • 4,829 Posts
    • 1,306 Thanks
    JPears
    lallybarry, you need to give us a lot more information, like.

• Hardct1
    • By Hardct1 13th Nov 19, 1:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hardct1
    Ls953
    I’ve just received a letter to say:
    ‘On investigation the aircraft due to operate your flight was unable to do so as scheduled as a result of air traffic management restrictions which delayed the operation of the immediately preceding restrictions. We believe that the above reason constitutes an extraordinary circumstance.’

What are my options now? There is no mention of the plane returning to the stand after an electrical outage to be checked by engineers either. We were also told the delay was operational reasons initially and there was no mention of air traffic control.

How can I even check if this is true with regards to the ATC?
    Originally posted by Lea28

Hi Lea28, I was also on that flight and after contacting Jet2.com via their online claims facility, I have received the same response back from Jet2.com. I was also wondering how to find out about the ATC, can you update me on whether you were able to find out the cause please?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 13th Nov 19, 2:00 PM
    • 4,829 Posts
    • 1,306 Thanks
    JPears
    Once again, J2 are being disingenuous, to say the least. Clearly your aircraft was late arriving, for whatever reason, then suffered a substantial technical fault. J2 have chosen to forget/ignore the main cause of the delay and are throwing you a red herring.
    Time for an LBA then court. You could try making a complaint/claim via CAA as J2 ahave refused to sign up to an ADR, but I won't hold my breath for a response.
    Last edited by JPears; 13-11-2019 at 2:03 PM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

2,548Users online

Martin's Twitter