Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    beca1230
    Faulty laptop
    • 23rd Mar 09, 5:56 PM
    Faulty laptop 23rd Mar 09 at 5:56 PM
    Hi
    10 months ago i brought a HP laptop from John Lewis online with a 2 two warrenty. When i turned it on it woulnt start up at all. I got in touch with HP who said the warrenty had finished. I said that was strange as i was looking at the paper work. I emailed it to them, got no reply so after 4 more calls to a South African call centre i emaild it again,,,twice. They arranged to collect the pc and didnt bother turning up not once but 4 times so i lost 4 days wages. The collected it on the 5th attempt and i opened the pc for the courier to inspect. 2 days later HP rang me to say the pc had a dent in the back hard drive panel so wasnt covered as it was dammaged. I told them that was rubbish and they phoned me back saying that now it had a dent on the keyboard, also rubbish. They are refusing to repair it and want 261.00. Then i got a letter from them saying the fault was due to a "spillage" and no mention of the other supposed damage. I have complained 3 times now and am being ignored by them. The pc was brought with donations for a registered charity for who i work with and cannot afford to take the loss through no fault of our own. The pc is still with them and i really dont know what else to do. This process has taken over a month now and we are having to rely on using our members pc's to do our work as we dont have another one. Surly this is not legal!!!

Thanks for any advise you can give us
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,201Posts Today

9,245Users online

Martin's Twitter