Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Majic
    • By Majic 23rd Mar 09, 9:37 AM
    • 235Posts
    • 17Thanks
    Majic
    What would you do?
    • 23rd Mar 09, 9:37 AM
    What would you do? 23rd Mar 09 at 9:37 AM
    Bought a Beko dishwasher January 2007-guaranteed for 1 year.

During the first year we had to claim under guarantee when a heating element went.

Then in December 08, 22 months after purchase, a major breakdown and had to have a new Motor and PCB fitted. Because this was a major repair and I argued indicated a significant failing with the Dishwasher, Beko agreed to supply the parts free although I had to pay the call out of 60

3 months later another failure-the water does not circulate and I have been advised that the circulation pump has likely failed which will be a fault of the part that Beko supplied for free in December (the Motor)

Rang Beko and they said the parts supplied for free in December would not be guaranteed and they would not supply anymore free parts.

Where do I stand? To my way of thinking there have been so many failures with the machine in such a short time that Beko should either pay for the repairs or give us a new dishwasher.
    Last edited by Majic; 23-03-2009 at 8:03 PM. Reason: Trying to Generate a Response
Page 1
    • Majic
    • By Majic 23rd Mar 09, 8:04 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Majic
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:04 PM
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:04 PM
    Any thoughts folks?
  • Takoda
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:09 PM
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:09 PM
    Not a dishwasher but we had to have a fridge replaced by Bosch after 5 months of use. Engineer came and certified the time of death etc. I thought the guarantee would start again for 12 months as the fridge was a new one. Apparently not - the guarantee just ran for the remaining 7 months.

It sounds like you were lucky to have got the previous work done.

Just don't buy Beko again. Go for something more reliable.
  • Dave101t
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:14 PM
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:14 PM
    i wouldnt buy a beko, and i wouldnt buy a dishwasher.
    make sure parts are freely available and DIY
    Target Savings by end 2009: 20,000
    current savings: 20,500 (target hit yippee!)
    Debts: 8000 (student loan so doesnt count)

new target savings by Feb 2010: 30,000
    • Poppy9
    • By Poppy9 23rd Mar 09, 8:17 PM
    • 17,988 Posts
    • 22,279 Thanks
    Poppy9
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:17 PM
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:17 PM
    Ring consumer direct for specific advice.

Else you can get the repair done yourself and then sue Beko through the small claims court. It would be up to the court to decide if you have had reasonable service from your dishwasher.
    ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

267Posts Today

1,573Users online

Martin's Twitter