Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 5
    • susannthe3cs
    • By susannthe3cs 13th Sep 11, 11:46 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    susannthe3cs
    I ordered some faux fur wraps abouy 6 each inc delivery and they were received within a few weeks and no extra charges x
    • double mummy
    • By double mummy 14th Sep 11, 10:50 AM
    • 3,891 Posts
    • 6,090 Thanks
    double mummy
    susan have you got a link have been looking for reasonably priced ones for ages!!
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • mrswilson2b
    has ne1 had ne accessories from LITB? i see the biggest problems wer dresses tht wer ill fitting hence the reason why i havent ordered my dresses from them, however, can they be trusted wiv tiaras and shoes etc???
  • mrswilson2b
    Hi superchild.
    I am a dressmaker and what concerns me is the quality of fabrics. Some are so thin underwear can be seen through, boning, the stuff that structures the gown, is poor quality that it buckles. (we have this conversation going on in my sewing forum) This does not mean ALL dresses ordered from abroad are poor quality, but without causing any offence, some people do not see the quality nor understand it. Some wouldn't know the difference between silk and synthetic. I wouldn't want to put anyone off at all but I would source your local dressmaker before spending out on something you haven't seen.
    Originally posted by lele100308
    Ok ive jst seen this on anutha reviews company!!!! hmmmm fishy
  • lizziejrussells
    Never order from this company! Chances are you won't get what you ordered and you will incur considerable unexpected costs. I ordered several items from them for my wedding. On the first order I bought 3 x custom sized bridesmaid dresses and on a separate order I bought a guest book, ring cussion, flower girl basket etc. Neither order arrived correctly. The bridesmaids dresses arrived completely incorrectly sized, the quality was okay but they were unwearable because they were tiny (more than 4 inch discrepancy from the measurements provided) so didn't even zip up. After several months of their excuses and delay-tactics, I gave them bad publicity and took legal action, they replaced the dresses with the correct sizes. The second order that I had placed did arrive with the correct items included but also came with a $47.30 bill from DHL Express for delivery (I had already paid LightInTheBox for their standard delivery). I disputed the bill with DHL but apparently, because LightInTheBox had not filled out the Australian Customs declaration correctly, this was an additional "Quarantine Processing Fee". The products were okay but definately not worth the price after the unexpected cost was added. I have written to LightInTheBox asking them to reimburse me for their error but to no avail. My best advice - don't buy from this company!
  • bijou1963
    Light in the box
    I ordered my wedding dress from light in the box. I had it made to measure as I am not a standard size. My chest is 2 sizes bigger than my bottom half and the dress was boned. I read up on the reviews and found most of them positive. So I went ahead and ordered it.

It arrived very quickly and I paid what I considered next to nothing. I was perfect in every way. The material was of excellent quality and it fitted perfectly. I had so many lovely comments about the dress.

The customer service was great from start to finish.
    What I would say is if you are willing to take a chance and save some money then you will get a bargain. I had to think about an alternative if something went wrong. But for the price I paid which was 100 fitted and delivered you could not get anything like this made in uk for 4 times as much.
    So yes if you are willing to take a chance then order from here. I know I am so glad I did.
    Ps my friend ordered something from here too and was really pleased.
  • bijou1963
    What do people expect? I think some people forget they are dealing with a country thousands of miles away. Do they want to risk losing a bit of money if the item is not correct? Or do they want a quality item made in England and (most of the time) they are guaranteed a good job or their money back? Can't have it both ways.
    Stop complaining.
    • susannthe3cs
    • By susannthe3cs 19th Sep 11, 6:32 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    susannthe3cs
    double mummy xx

they are loads better in real life and look lovely on xx
    http://www.lightinthebox.com/Sleeveless-Faux-Fur-Bridal-Wedding-Jacket--Wrap--0061-21-_p155954.html
    • susannthe3cs
    • By susannthe3cs 19th Sep 11, 6:34 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    susannthe3cs
    i ordered 3 at once and one on its own as i added a bridesmaid lol xx and i took the chance as they were something like $7 i then bought fur muffs from ebay at 12 for the first one and 10 each for the other 3:0) so teamed with my bargain bridesmaid dresses from newlook my bridesmaids outfits have cost something like 30 (hope i can find bargain shoes now ) xx
  • mayrajava
    What a scam!
    i bought a chandellier from them and the product was chinese and looked so cheap that it made it impossible to put it in my house. Not to mention that it was halfly damaged and some parts were missing.
    • Mupette
    • By Mupette 19th Nov 11, 12:13 PM
    • 4,255 Posts
    • 6,945 Thanks
    Mupette
    my wedding dress came from litb. put in all my measurements, the dress arrived within the time scale stated on their website

and yes i had to pay import tax at my front door.

Which is legal and above board, its from china, people really need to read the T & C's and get to grips with buying from overseas will incur these costs.

My dress is a little bit big, but my bridesmaid is a dressmaker and we will be starting on the alterations after Christmas..

I don't work or am affiliated with litb, but i think a few people on here are going over the top with the tax duty, which if they had read the T & C's would see..

And for those that say they never knew you had to paid import duty on things coming in from abroad, you do now.

I'm pleased with my dress, and i would buy again..

GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))

• nickki44
    I used lightinthebox for our fake fur shrugs - they were cheap, but we did not know about the import tax, so that was a big shock to us... Luckily, when they arrived, they were fantastic quality, and well worth every penny (and more!) even including the import tax...

We were worried about quality, but honestly - we couldn't have been happier. Can't comment about the quality of dresses, but would wholly reccommend their shrugs lol

Hope this helps...
    The newest Mrs Lindley...... I married my Welsh Soulmate on 11-11-11 xxx
  • LightInTheBox.com
    To Our Valued Customers
    Dear Customers

We are sorry for all the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us work on improving our services and products.

Our customer service team tries their best to offer the most suitable solutions to customers. We have included a full section on how to contact our customer service team in the "Help Page and Knowledge Base" section under Customer Service at the bottom part of the LightInTheBox landing page.

We urge all customers with pending issues to please follow the instructions included and submit a ticket to our customer service team.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, so please let us know how we can improve your shopping experience at LightInTheBox.com.

Regards,
    Angelie
    LightInTheBox.com
  • sw1sst
    Dear LITB.
    have you considered the registration of either "!!!!!inthebox" dot com or "liesinthebox" dot com both these would surely be more reflective on what is actually "in the box"
    My wife ordered me a 7" Android tablet from your site. after being stung for import duties of 23 on top of the 125 she paid.
    (NB most legit firms are upfront if there are extra costs to be incurred.)
    hey ho, it was delivered on time. just about in time for christmas. thanks for that....
    anyhow, initally TBF I was made up with my present. it's a bit rough and ready and clunky but I thought it was alright and would do the job. however once I'd charged the unit it wouldn't (and won't) hold a charge for more than an hour I then got a little jittery. maybe this was as cheap and nasty as it looked.
    After initially contacting your "customer service" portal to register our problem your end has gone very quiet indeed.
    and following your request, we are no further forward and after two subsequent follow ups asking for an update and having now requested a refund due to it being faulty and were greeted with, surprise surprise, NO REPLIES.
    I'm thinking that maybe if I register the above domains and filter out all your fake reviews then maybe you'll reply.....

sorry MSE, very angry as you can probably detect.

Other (non LITB shills) IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING USING THESE COWBOYS, Save your time and money for someone else.....

you WILL get stiffed for extra import duties.
    NB the majority of the reviews, IMVHO, on the review websites are FAKE.
    you WON'T get any satisfaction if (sorry that should be when) there is a problem/mistake.

Merry Christmas !!
  • MsShopper
    I can chip in with a positive review for LightintheBox. I had to go to a posh work event earlier this month and my work mate ordered a LITB dress for it - this one. It looked absolutely stunning and fit like a glove. She did have to pay customs charges (about 25 on a 99 dress) but that's still less than she'd have paid for a dress from Coast or the like. Based on her experience, I'll definitely be shopping there for my next formal occasion.
  • sherriesim
    I've posted a new thread, but now I've just found this thread after a google search so i'd like to add my experience with these fraudsters.

I saw a pair of boots advertised for 20 while reading TheSun online. I followed the link to the website, Lightinthebox.com and ordered them. at the checkout they added another 9.00 delivery, which I thought was steep and in total was above the value of the boots, but I stupidly ordered them anyway and paid on my Visa debit card. They arrived today and the delivery driver tried to charge me an additional 16.99 at the door even though I already paid for delivery, I can't afford that and there was no mention of this anywhere when I ordered them, so I had to refuse delivery. To make matters worse I also ordered a jumper and a cheap top, at a cost of 15 inc delivery. They were dispatched separatly and although they've not arrived yet, the delivery guy said I'll have to pay 16.99 extra each for them too when they arrive, which again I can't afford. I've rechecked all my comfirmation mails, and my order details on the site anhd there is no mention anywhere of an extra hidden delivery charge aside from the delivery costs I already paid.

I only ordered the boots because my son gave me 20 for christmas and I wanted to show him I had not spent the money on bills, the jumper and top were bought because they seemed a bargain. Now I've ended up with nothing and I'm 44 out of pocket. I'm going to contact visa tomorrow and if all else fails I'm going to pursue this through the small claims courts. No one should have to pay twice for delivery, and it should never be hidden from customers right up until the delivery man knocks on your door. This is pure and simply an internet scam.
  • MsShopper
    I'm not a PR for Lightinthebox (honest!) but that wasn't extra delivery charges that you were asked to pay for, sherriesim – that was Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs' charges. They add on import tax and duties to anything that is bought here from an overseas business (in this case, China). As the buyer, you are liable to pay those charges. Sorry to hear you got caught short.
  • nurmle
    Just to add...
    The three dresses I ordered are low quality and don't fit right at all, not even custom fit. The off the shelf sized dress is not that as advertised, it doesn't do up at all but fits at the front. POOR! On top of that the returns policy is, if it doesn't fit you have to pay to get it altered. But to cap it all the postage cost 35 pounds sterling and 115 pounds to clear it through customs. YES 115 pounds, rendering the dresses much much more expensive than buying in the UK. That on top of the amount it will cost to alter the dresses as i can't afford to buy new ones. They of course put the customs information...that isn't very helpful at all, in the small print. This site it is highly misleading and I have wasted a lot of money and had a very stressful experience with UPS. Lesson learned, buy local less stress and you can see the quality before you buy.
  • missminx
    my wedding dress came from litb. put in all my measurements, the dress arrived within the time scale stated on their website

and yes i had to pay import tax at my front door.

Which is legal and above board, its from china, people really need to read the T & C's and get to grips with buying from overseas will incur these costs.

My dress is a little bit big, but my bridesmaid is a dressmaker and we will be starting on the alterations after Christmas..

I don't work or am affiliated with litb, but i think a few people on here are going over the top with the tax duty, which if they had read the T & C's would see..

And for those that say they never knew you had to paid import duty on things coming in from abroad, you do now.

I'm pleased with my dress, and i would buy again..
    Originally posted by Mupette
    They need to give a better guide to the charges though. 11 Duty on 60 order I can understand. The extra 15 odd because LITB get UPS to fill the forms in, and then charge you for the pleasure? That I don't agree with. The charges came out at almost 50%, that seems a little excessive.
    Still looking for the plot...... Anyone seen it???
    • Mupette
    • By Mupette 23rd Feb 12, 8:46 PM
    • 4,255 Posts
    • 6,945 Thanks
    Mupette
    They need to give a better guide to the charges though. 11 Duty on 60 order I can understand. The extra 15 odd because LITB get UPS to fill the forms in, and then charge you for the pleasure? That I don't agree with. The charges came out at almost 50%, that seems a little excessive.
    Originally posted by missminx

It's not them, its HRMC as MsShopper has correctly stated.

GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

270Posts Today

2,098Users online

Martin's Twitter