Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 23rd Sep 17, 6:51 AM
    • 14,404Posts
    • 38,310Thanks
    redfox
    0 WOW
    *****ALDI Super Six fruit and veg offers*****
    • 23rd Sep 17, 6:51 AM
    0 WOW
    *****ALDI Super Six fruit and veg offers***** 23rd Sep 17 at 6:51 AM
    Official MSE Insert:

If you're looking for Aldi deals you might also like to read our Supermarket Shopping tips

Back to redfox's original post...

-----------

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-supermarket-shopping

Time for a new thread on this as the other one is ancient!

Please post the Aldi super six fruit & veg offers here. The old thread can be found here.

The current super six are:

14 to 27 Sept:

Figs (4 pack)
    Garlic (4 pack)
    Onions (1 kg)
    all 45p.

Cocktail Vine Tomatoes 250g
    Mixed Peppers (3 pack)
    Chestnut Mushrooms 250g
    all 65p.
    Originally posted by rhcp
    Last edited by MSE Hannah; 23-04-2019 at 5:22 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 19
    • pamsdish
    • By pamsdish 28th Oct 19, 5:39 PM
    • 1,460 Posts
    • 8,612 Thanks
    pamsdish
    Went Aldi yesterday, got 6 garlic, the squash were tiny, went back today see if any fresh stock, no, asked staff member if expecting any delivery soon, shoulder shrug and negative grunt.
    2018 2285/2149
    2019 2000=107-22=85
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 28th Oct 19, 7:33 PM
    • 31,735 Posts
    • 66,008 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Went Aldi yesterday, got 6 garlic, the squash were tiny, went back today see if any fresh stock, no, asked staff member if expecting any delivery soon, shoulder shrug and negative grunt.
    Originally posted by pamsdish
    This surprises me. There is a member of staff in my local who has non-till duties and doesn't actually speak English (Eastern European, I think). I had no idea until I asked her something, but even she was able to get her point across in a helpful fashion...and crucially, without grunting. Aldi just goes from strength to strength IMO.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • pamsdish
    • By pamsdish 29th Oct 19, 8:19 AM
    • 1,460 Posts
    • 8,612 Thanks
    pamsdish
    I think this staff member was a newish/relief one, the regular staff are quite helpful.
    2018 2285/2149
    2019 2000=107-22=85
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 29th Oct 19, 11:18 AM
    • 31,735 Posts
    • 66,008 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I think this staff member was a newish/relief one, the regular staff are quite helpful.
    I can't see them lasting long. I had similar in Wilko - I sought help from someone on their first shift! - but at least the poor lad tried to be helpful.

Am hopeful that next week's Super 6 is a little more inspiring!

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • pamsdish
    • By pamsdish 30th Oct 19, 7:57 AM
    • 1,460 Posts
    • 8,612 Thanks
    pamsdish
    Still no fresh squash yesterday, travelling a bit tomorrow, taking dog to remote kennels for fireworks fortnight, which incidentally is 3 weeks now, getting longer, anyway will research other stores I am near to call in.
    2018 2285/2149
    2019 2000=107-22=85
    • redfox
    • By redfox 4th Nov 19, 7:08 AM
    • 14,404 Posts
    • 38,310 Thanks
    redfox
    The Super 6 from 7th to 20th November are:

organic onions (750g)
    leeks (500g)
    mini easy peelers (500g)
    Brussels sprouts (500g)
    4 pack unwaxed lemons
    1kg salad potatoes

all at 65p
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Nov 19, 7:18 AM
    • 31,735 Posts
    • 66,008 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The Super 6 from 7th to 20th November are:

organic onions (750g)
    leeks (500g)
    mini easy peelers (500g)
    Brussels sprouts (500g)
    4 pack unwaxed lemons
    1kg salad potatoes

all at 65p
    Originally posted by redfox
    Satsumas

Elsewhere on the menu: I can predict bubble and squeak, and leek and potato soup.

• pamsdish
    • By pamsdish 4th Nov 19, 8:24 AM
    • 1,460 Posts
    • 8,612 Thanks
    pamsdish
    Getting low on lemon slices in the freezer, I have 2 in warm water every day.
    2018 2285/2149
    2019 2000=107-22=85
    • maman
    • By maman 4th Nov 19, 4:44 PM
    • 20,970 Posts
    • 124,300 Thanks
    maman
    Getting low on lemon slices in the freezer, I have 2 in warm water every day.
    I buy the bottles of lemon juice from Aldi and have a couple of shakes of that in warm water.
    • redfox
    • By redfox 18th Nov 19, 7:20 AM
    • 14,404 Posts
    • 38,310 Thanks
    redfox
    the new super 6 from 21st November to 4th December:

Baby plum tomatoes (275g)
    Chantenay carrots (500g)
    Green beans (220g)
    Baby potatoes (1 kg)
    Plums (450g)
    Pears (5 pack)

all at 59p

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 18th Nov 19, 9:13 AM
    • 31,735 Posts
    • 66,008 Thanks
    VfM4meplse

Chantenay carrots (500g)
    Green beans (220g)
    Baby potatoes (1 kg)
    Plums (450g)
    Pears (5 pack)

all at 59p
    Thanks for posting, but again I'm not over-awed by the selection. Lidl's offers this week for example seem much better value and more relevant.

Do the winter plums ever ripen? And by the time you have peeled and cored the pears, how much fruit is actually left?

Having said that, I still prefer Aldi overall as a store.

• MysteryMe
    • By MysteryMe 20th Nov 19, 12:01 AM
    • 2,303 Posts
    • 2,929 Thanks
    MysteryMe
    Not much there to tempt me or the P this time.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 20th Nov 19, 8:21 AM
    • 24,098 Posts
    • 64,851 Thanks
    Pollycat

Chantenay carrots (500g)
    Green beans (220g)
    Baby potatoes (1 kg)
    Plums (450g)
    Pears (5 pack)

all at 59p
    Thanks for posting from me too.
    I'll be buying all but the pears.
    Some nice veg there - I'll freeze a few packs of the green beans, the carrots will go in the slow cooker with some other veg and some protein, baby potatoes will maybe also go in the slow cooker for a one-pot meal or perhaps as wedges depending on size.
    The plums will be nice with Greek yogurt or in porridge - I like very tart fruit.
    Plum tomatoes in a pasta dish.
    I'll leave the pears for someone else.
    • redfox
    • By redfox 30th Nov 19, 5:01 PM
    • 14,404 Posts
    • 38,310 Thanks
    redfox
    The next super 6 from 5th December are:

Mango
    Persimmon (3 pack)
    Royal Gala apples (6 pack)
    Pineapple
    Conference pears (6 pack)
    Kiwis (4 pack)

all at 75p

No veg but I guess there will be 'veg heavy' offers from the 16th Dec which is when the race to the bottom on the price of leeks, parsnips, carrots etc usually begins among the supermarkets.

• pamsdish
    • By pamsdish 30th Nov 19, 6:53 PM
    • 1,460 Posts
    • 8,612 Thanks
    pamsdish
    One for the parrot.
    2018 2285/2149
    2019 2000=107-22=85
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 30th Nov 19, 11:57 PM
    • 31,735 Posts
    • 66,008 Thanks
    VfM4meplse

Mango
    Persimmon (3 pack)
    Pineapple
    Kiwis (4 pack)

all at 75p

No veg but I guess there will be 'veg heavy' offers from the 16th Dec which is when the race to the bottom on the price of leeks, parsnips, carrots etc usually begins among the supermarkets.
    I'm v happy with this selection.

• Plessro
    • By Plessro 1st Dec 19, 7:16 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Plessro

Mango
    Persimmon (3 pack)
    Pineapple
    Kiwis (4 pack)

all at 75p

Interesting.

The information I received about the Super 6 for this period is:

Mango (each)
    Persimmon (3 pack)
    Pineapple (each)
    Conference pears (6 pack) (5 pack)
    Kiwis (4 pack)
    Easy Peelers (600g)

all at 75p

Products & prices may vary in Aldi Local.

Be interesting to see what is actually on the shelves, come Thursday.
    • Plessro
    • By Plessro 1st Dec 19, 7:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Plessro
    Btw, the above offer is only valid until Sunday 15th December.

The next offer after this one will start Monday 16th December.
    • maman
    • By maman 1st Dec 19, 7:35 PM
    • 20,970 Posts
    • 124,300 Thanks
    maman
    Btw, the above offer is only valid until Sunday 15th December.

The next offer after this one will start Monday 16th December.
    Originally posted by Plessro
    Then we can expect cheap veg for Christmas Dinner??? It'll be interesting to see what the other supermarkets offer.

Personally I prefer veg to fruit so won't be buying much other than pears for DH. Although I bought pears on Super 6 this week???
    • MysteryMe
    • By MysteryMe 1st Dec 19, 11:32 PM
    • 2,303 Posts
    • 2,929 Thanks
    MysteryMe
    Beak up this time, which is just as well as he wont be tucking in to leeks, parsnips and sprouts, which I assume will feature heavily in the following offer!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,143Posts Today

7,083Users online

Martin's Twitter