Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Homecoming
    • By Homecoming 12th Aug 14, 10:08 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 25Thanks
    Homecoming
    Does PIP get backdated to claim date?
    • 12th Aug 14, 10:08 PM
    Does PIP get backdated to claim date? 12th Aug 14 at 10:08 PM
    Hi,

Just a quick query regarding PIP benefits. If a claim is agreed, does the money get paid from this date, or does it get backdated to the date you originally rang up to start your claim?

I have tried searching for this, but can't seem to get a straight answer. I was hoping someone here might be able to help.

Apologies if I have managed to miss something obvious somewhere!
Page 2
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 15th Nov 19, 7:01 AM
    • 6,213 Posts
    • 5,746 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Just in case no-one filled you in:

MR = Mandatory Review
    Originally posted by MonkieMill
    Not sure why you brought up a very old thread. If the OP didn't know what an MR was they would have asked at the time.
    Last edited by poppy12345; 15-11-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    • Aura
    • By Aura 18th Nov 19, 4:49 PM
    • 251 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    Aura
    MR don't work and always go to tribunal so i'm told.
    • Spoonie Turtle
    • By Spoonie Turtle 18th Nov 19, 6:51 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    Spoonie Turtle
    MR don't work and always go to tribunal so i'm told.
    Originally posted by Aura
    That's not really very helpful. Statistically speaking so far that is the case, but more cases are being reviewed before appeal now so even if a mandatory reconsideration is unsuccessful, there is a chance just appealing it will trigger a review and it doesn't go all the way to a tribunal. And even if it does, tribunal outcomes are usually fair so people recieve all the entitlement backdated to the original claim date.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,388Posts Today

8,505Users online

Martin's Twitter