Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 468
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 16th Aug 19, 3:56 PM
    • 2,110 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    Tyzap
    11-July-2019- Manchester to Boa Vista

TOM366
    Originally posted by Rickb110
    Hi Rick,

It appears that you left MAN about 50mins late and then made an unscheduled landing at FUE. After an hour on the ground there, presumably to take on more fuel, you departed for BVC.

Unfortunately there is no radar FR24 coverage in the region of BVC so I could not be accurate about a landing time.

As the distance from MAN to BVC is over 3500km you would need to be over 4hr late to receive compensation at the full rate of €600.

However, as you appear to have arrived between 3 and 4 hours late you would be entitled to 50% of the full rate, so €300 each appears to be correct.

Also check Botts flight delay calculator for confirmation, then let us know.

Good luck
    Last edited by Tyzap; 16-08-2019 at 4:20 PM.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Rickb110
    • By Rickb110 19th Aug 19, 11:19 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rickb110
    Hi Rick,

It appears that you left MAN about 50mins late and then made an unscheduled landing at FUE. After an hour on the ground there, presumably to take on more fuel, you departed for BVC.

Unfortunately there is no radar FR24 coverage in the region of BVC so I could not be accurate about a landing time.

As the distance from MAN to BVC is over 3500km you would need to be over 4hr late to receive compensation at the full rate of €600.

However, as you appear to have arrived between 3 and 4 hours late you would be entitled to 50% of the full rate, so €300 each appears to be correct.

Also check Botts flight delay calculator for confirmation, then let us know.

Good luck
    Originally posted by Tyzap

Botts looks like it says it's a no go :

Congratulations!

Claim your compensation now
    €0 per passenger
    Complete your details below to start your claim against the airline. It’ll take less than a minute.

Although I did chuckle at the "Congrats claim 0"

Is this final/accurate? I am fairly certain the delay was more than 3 hours as my phone pinged when we landed and I got signal, vodafone telling me I was out of the country basically but it gave me a time.

UPDATE: Just got an email from Botts saying I could claim £550 per passenger now, I assume that's just them going "max possible" and firing it out as an email rather than it based on actual info
    Last edited by Rickb110; 19-08-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: more info
    • denisecam
    • By denisecam 19th Aug 19, 11:58 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    denisecam
    request
    Hi i rang this number 02034512695. I selected "i have returned from holiday" and then there is an option about flight delay claims. From memory you can press 1 to lodge a claim or 2 to get an update on an existing claim.
    Good luck with yours I just seem to be chasing my tail with them
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 19th Aug 19, 1:31 PM
    • 2,110 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Botts looks like it says it's a no go :

Congratulations!

Claim your compensation now
    €0 per passenger
    Complete your details below to start your claim against the airline. It’ll take less than a minute.

Although I did chuckle at the "Congrats claim 0"

Is this final/accurate? I am fairly certain the delay was more than 3 hours as my phone pinged when we landed and I got signal, vodafone telling me I was out of the country basically but it gave me a time.

UPDATE: Just got an email from Botts saying I could claim £550 per passenger now, I assume that's just them going "max possible" and firing it out as an email rather than it based on actual info
    Originally posted by Rickb110
    Hi Rick,

In a case like this you may be better giving their call centre a ring and discus it with them. The online form filling is rather generic and you probably need a more specific reasoned decision from them. They are usually very friendly and helpful tho

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • touch*my*food*feel*myfork
    • By touch*my*food*feel*myfork 30th Aug 19, 1:19 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 17,008 Thanks
    touch*my*food*feel*myfork
    Hi i rang this number 02034512695. I selected "i have returned from holiday" and then there is an option about flight delay claims. From memory you can press 1 to lodge a claim or 2 to get an update on an existing claim.
    Good luck with yours I just seem to be chasing my tail with them
    Originally posted by denisecam

Thanks so much for this I have just chased and they said they are currently working on a backlog and not yet got to mine, but she has flagged it with them now that I have rang an I should receive a cheque shortly

• ppl
    • By ppl 16th Sep 19, 10:11 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ppl
    Thomson delayed flight
    Five of us on our way back from Menorca were delayed and received an email from Thomson’s to say we were delayed for an hour and a half due to “operational issues “. The delay carried on and I used the time to read the MSE instructions on how to claim compensation. When we finally arrived in Manchester over three hours late, I photographed the arrivals board to prove that the landing was over the three hours.
    With my letter to Thomson’s I sent copies of our five boarding passes, the original booking showing the time we were due to arrive, the photo of the arrivals board and a copy of their email saying the delay was due to “operational issues “.
    RESULT! £1,840
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 16th Sep 19, 10:13 PM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Well done ppl. Not bad in 2 posts
    • mrsnow101
    • By mrsnow101 5th Nov 19, 11:37 PM
    • 195 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    mrsnow101
    Frustrated!!
    A few months back we returned from holiday, and were delayed 3:15 by the time we landed back in the uk.

I raised a resolver case, which Tui contested. In their defence - they claimed that the scheduled arrival time was half an hour later than stated on our booking confirmation documents (effectively making our flight only 2:45 late). I provided copies of our booking confirmation letter as evidence.

The adjudicator has just ruled in Tui's favour - the key sentence in the ruling being "the schedule in the booking details was subject to change", after previously saying that the "evidence is finely balanced".

Can this be right?! How can Tui 'adjust' arrival times without informing passengers? This just smacks of them fiddling the times to work around the fine threshold.

Is there any scope here to 'respond' (or appeal?)?
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 6th Nov 19, 7:49 AM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    legal magpie
    IMHO if TUI rescheduled the flight, including arrival time, in advance and gave you notice, you don't have a claim but if they didn't then you do. It's a question of fact. Did TUI provide evidence of notification in advance to the adjudicator?
    There isn't a right of appeal but if you are aggrieved, you can issue Court proceedings but I would make sure of your facts because if you lose you might end up having to pay TUI's costs on the grounds of unreasonable conduct in relitigating without new evidence.
    Have you tried using Bott online or EUclaim checkers?
    • Timothea
    • By Timothea 6th Nov 19, 1:41 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Timothea
    I agree with legal magpie.

If you still have your boarding card, what is the departure time shown on it? Boarding cards are generated by the airline's computer systems when you check in. A boarding card showing the earlier departure time would support your claim. However, if the boarding card shows the later departure time, or you don't have any other new evidence to support your claim, then you could come a cropper.

Courts like evidence, especially physical evidence, to support your case or to undermine your opponent's defence. Original documents are good. This is why everyone should keep boarding cards, receipts, etc. if they think they might have a valid claim.
    • Timothea
    • By Timothea 6th Nov 19, 3:28 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Timothea
    I am currently helping three family members, who booked a long-haul package holiday with First Choice, to make a claim against TUI Airways for a two-day flight delay and the eventual cancellation of their holiday. They are claiming for the following:

• Flight delay/cancellation compensation (under EC 261/2004)
    • Refreshments, meals, transportation and accommodation costs (under EC 261/2004)
    • Additional transportation and accommodation costs (under The Montreal Convention)
    • Additional prepaid package holiday component, not refunded (under The Package Travel ... Regulations 1992)

They initially contacted TUI by phone and email to ask for a refund of their reasonable subsistence and accommodation expenses during the long delay, but TUI refused to refund anything. They followed up with other emails without any response for over a year. They then tried Resolver for several months, but there was still no response from TUI. As a last resort, they sent a Letter Before Action in August: still no response.

A money claim was then issued, and service has been acknowledged by TUI's external flight delay lawyers, defending the whole of the claim. A disclosure request for relevant internal documents was then sent to the lawyers, but there has still been no substantive response from them or TUI.

Given the almost complete silence from the other side, I am wondering what our next steps should be and what we should be preparing for the hearing if this stonewalling continues. Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 6th Nov 19, 4:26 PM
    • 4,832 Posts
    • 1,307 Thanks
    JPears
    Has TUi exceeded any time limits for submissions set by the court?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Timothea
    • By Timothea 6th Nov 19, 4:54 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Timothea
    No. The only thing I have seen is the Acknowledgement of Service from TUI's lawyers (in mid-October) and the Court (a week later).
    Last edited by Timothea; 07-11-2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: To answer the question
    • nc563
    • By nc563 12th Nov 19, 8:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nc563
    Referred to CEDR
    Hi all,

We went on holiday back in August and was delayed 9.5 hours on the outbound flight. We’ve tried to claim for this, however have been told it was ‘Extraordinary Circumstances’ as “Air Traffic Control suspends or restricts operations out of the airport of departure or into the airport of arrival.”

They go on to say that our “flight was delayed due to the aircraft operating your flight being delayed in Palma earlier in the day as a result of the runway being temporarily closed. The schedule of your flight was further affected by the night time curfew in place in Zakynthos. Your flight operated at the earliest opportunity.“

We got shipped of to a hotel near Luton where we were provided with an evening meal, however this meant we missed out on our Airport Lounge access and Fast Track security upon return to the airport later on the evening which we paid close to £60 for.
    TUI are now referring us to CEDR, however I’m unsure as to whether or not it’ll be worth the cost.

Any advice?
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 12th Nov 19, 8:57 PM
    • 1,857 Posts
    • 611 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Just put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say.
    • Butterfly368
    • By Butterfly368 15th Nov 19, 2:48 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Butterfly368
    Tui not responding
    I have submitted claims on behalf of my parents in law for 2 flights through Resolver. One Tui responded to pretty much straight away saying the flight was 15 minutes short of 3 hours and therefore they are not due compensation. The second claim which was for a 5 hour delay has not been responded to after 8 weeks. I keep trying to call but the customer service number for flight delays does not pick up and they are not responding to Resolver messages. Any advice?!
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 15th Nov 19, 3:42 PM
    • 12,503 Posts
    • 8,147 Thanks
    Caz3121
    try the form on their site - https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/contact-us/flight-delays
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 15th Nov 19, 7:40 PM
    • 1,857 Posts
    • 611 Thanks
    Justice13075
    I have submitted claims on behalf of my parents in law for 2 flights through Resolver. One Tui responded to pretty much straight away saying the flight was 15 minutes short of 3 hours and therefore they are not due compensation. The second claim which was for a 5 hour delay has not been responded to after 8 weeks. I keep trying to call but the customer service number for flight delays does not pick up and they are not responding to Resolver messages. Any advice?!
    Originally posted by Butterfly368
    Don't just accept their word put the details of the flight they say was 15 mins short of 3 hours, into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

977Posts Today

6,366Users online

Martin's Twitter