Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wrightk
    • By wrightk 10th Nov 19, 12:40 PM
    • 937Posts
    • 514Thanks
    wrightk
    Daikin Altherma ASHP pressure prob
    • 10th Nov 19, 12:40 PM
    Daikin Altherma ASHP pressure prob 10th Nov 19 at 12:40 PM
    Hi all hope you're well.

Just having a problem with a newly installed system and wondered if anyone could help a complete novice?

Have noticed the pressure has dropped to almost nothing. Heating still seems to work but a couple of rads are barely warm. I am attempting to 'top up' the pressure using the filling loop in the picture but when i do absolutely nothing happens, not even the sound of water coming into the system. When i was first shown how to top up this didn't happen. Am i being a complete numpty? Does it have anything to do with the control panel being 'locked' by the plumber? Any other suggestions? Many thanks
    Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.
Page 1
    • wrightk
    • By wrightk 10th Nov 19, 12:43 PM
    • 937 Posts
    • 514 Thanks
    wrightk
    • 10th Nov 19, 12:43 PM
    • 10th Nov 19, 12:43 PM

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 10th Nov 19, 12:51 PM
    • 4,784 Posts
    • 3,092 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 10th Nov 19, 12:51 PM
    • 10th Nov 19, 12:51 PM
    How recent was the installation - get the installer back to sort it out. The system should not depressurise, if it does then there's something leaking somewhere. Is yours a completely new heating system or has the ASHP been stuck on in place of an existing boiler.

However check the filling loop and ensure that all valves are opened - the one with the black control looks like a double check valve so ensure that the screwdriver slot is lined up with the pipe as well. My system has a couple of screwdriver operated valves which all need to be lined up to re-fill the system.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,596Posts Today

7,093Users online

Martin's Twitter