Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Suzial
    • By Suzial 22nd Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Suzial
    Vent Anchor Mobility
    • 22nd Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    Vent Anchor Mobility 22nd Jun 17 at 5:08 PM
    Has anyone had dealings with Anchor Mobility in Cambridge?

A sales person visited my Father in Law last year and sold him a bed for 4000, at the time he was very ill and unable to make rational decisions, which was very obvious.

My Father in Law is now in a nursing home, he did not take delivery of the bed as he went into hospital shortly after buying the bed.

We have tried contacting Anchor more times than we can remember and sent letters registered post. As you we have had no communication from Anchor.

My Father in Law was taken advantage of by the sales person and we would like his money back.

If anyone can give some advice I would be very grateful.

Al & Sue
Page 2
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 8th Aug 17, 4:39 PM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 13,907 Thanks
    hollydays
    Is it wise to put your reference on here?
    • Norfox
    • By Norfox 9th Aug 17, 1:06 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Norfox
    Well the reference gives us somewhere to try and build a case with at Action Fraud.
    I'll be sending my information off to them shortly.

Out of interest, Gilly, where did the info come from about the frozen accounts? I only ask because they're very much still trading.

As all who have posted can attest to, there's a fundamental gap in the law (and society) whereby individuals can con the elderly and infirm out of their hard-earned thousands in this manner. It is theft, pure and simple.

I wonder if it might be an idea if we start pooling information and resources from those who have been affected (probably away from this forum) so that we can build up a catalogue of evidence to present, whether it be in a legal capacity or for putting forward a case for these criminals to be highlighted (again) in the media?
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Aug 17, 7:58 PM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 13,907 Thanks
    hollydays
    Well the reference gives us somewhere to try and build a case with at Action Fraud.

Out of interest, Gilly, where did the info come from about the frozen accounts? I only ask because they're very much still trading.

As all who have posted can attest to, there's a fundamental gap in the law (and society) whereby individuals can con the elderly and infirm out of their hard-earned thousands in this manner. It is theft, pure and simple.

I wonder if it might be an idea if we start pooling information and resources from those who have been affected (probably away from this forum) so that we can build up a catalogue of evidence to present, whether it be in a legal capacity or for putting forward a case for these criminals to be highlighted (again) in the media?
    Originally posted by Norfox
    It just occurs to me someone could quote your reference to pretend to be you.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Aug 17, 8:01 PM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 13,907 Thanks
    hollydays

This kind of thing is not uncommon. It's what criminals do.
    info edited-wrong thread
    Last edited by hollydays; 09-08-2017 at 9:04 PM.
    • Norfox
    • By Norfox 9th Aug 17, 8:36 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Norfox
    Hi hollydays.
    What's the orangery company they're involved in?
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Aug 17, 9:05 PM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 13,907 Thanks
    hollydays
    No sorry was getting this confused with another thread
    • GillyW
    • By GillyW 25th Feb 18, 9:50 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    GillyW
    Waters Family - Anchor Mobility
    Sorry for late reply - have given up on this. I wrote to the Suffolk Labour MP Therese Coffy twice on this, but have only received 2 acknowledgment emails!

I was told the UK Mobility bank account had been frozen by Suffolk Trading Standards. But my understanding is that as they are not bankrupt, they can start all over again as another company.

Again, I am amazed that these people can carry on ripping people off.

My cousin has sadly died - he was distraught that he lost so much hard earned money and that makes me very very sad.
    • Norfox
    • By Norfox 15th Aug 18, 12:59 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Norfox
    Latest update
    Appeared at Ipswich Magistrates Court yesterday and will next appear at Crown Court on September 11th. See East Anglian Daily Times online.
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 15th Aug 18, 1:57 PM
    • 3,404 Posts
    • 2,650 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    Appeared at Ipswich Magistrates Court yesterday and will next appear at Crown Court on September 11th. See East Anglian Daily Times online.
    Link to article: http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/anchor-mobility-and-david-waters-accused-of-customer-fraud-1-5651981
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 5th Oct 19, 10:24 PM
    • 1,331 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    secretmachines
    https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/mobility-furniture-company-boss-accused-of-trading-offences-1-6257761
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 5th Oct 19, 10:47 PM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 13,907 Thanks
    hollydays
    Trial starts 9th October
    ..also been been accused of in engaging in misleading commercial practices by failing to fulfil representations that furniture would be delivered to customers in Grays, Essex, between November 14 and 24, 2017; Rushmere St Andrew, near Ipswich, on March 17, 2017; Chislehurst, London, on February 28, 2017; Gosport, Hampshire, on June 3, 2017; Hereford on February 21, 2017; Shipley, West Yorkshire, on January 12, 2017; and Stevenage on March 27, 2017.

The charges also relate to alleged incidents in Bletchley, Milton Keynes, on October 11, 2016; Mistley, Essex, on March 7, 2017; Feltham, London, on April 20, 2017; Houghton-le-Spring, Durham, on March 6, 2017; Tamworth, Staffordshire, on January 4, 2017; Leeds on February 9, 2017; Bradford on March 5, 2017; and Aldridge, Walsall, on February 20, 2017.

Waters and the company are also accused of failing to refund money to a customer in Stoke-on-Trent on March 1, 2017.

At an earlier hearing Alison Hollis, prosecuting for Suffolk Trading Standards, said the company purported to sell adjustable beds and chairs, which were allegedly never delivered to the complainants after being paid for in full or with a 50% deposit.
    Last edited by hollydays; 05-10-2019 at 10:54 PM.
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 31st Oct 19, 8:55 PM
    • 1,331 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    secretmachines
    Guilty.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-crown-court-david-waters-guilty-1-6351756
    • Norfox
    • By Norfox 1st Nov 19, 12:26 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Norfox
    At last
    Given his history of preying on the elderly and infirm, and somehow getting away with only financial punishments, hopefully a custodial sentence will be applied on December 19th for this parasite.
    Hats off to Stuart Hughes and those at Suffolk Trading Standards - great work.
    Waters took more than money from my family, and I hope that his punishment reflects the misery he has caused us and countless others.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 1st Nov 19, 8:21 AM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 13,907 Thanks
    hollydays
    Given his history of preying on the elderly and infirm, and somehow getting away with only financial punishments, hopefully a custodial sentence will be applied on December 19th for this parasite.
    Hats off to Stuart Hughes and those at Suffolk Trading Standards - great work.
    Waters took more than money from my family, and I hope that his punishment reflects the misery he has caused us and countless others.
    Hope so but it probably will be a suspended sentence( I hope I'm wrong)
    Last edited by hollydays; 01-11-2019 at 8:23 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

625Posts Today

4,189Users online

Martin's Twitter