Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    tups
    thebedshop.com (based in Liverpool) - please help ..
    • 19th Mar 09, 3:54 PM
    thebedshop.com (based in Liverpool) - please help .. 19th Mar 09 at 3:54 PM
    At the moment I am so frustrated and angry, we ordered our little 5 year old's bed five weeks ago today.
    Making a long story very short (very very short), we are still yet to receive this 815.00 bed.
    We were promised delivery within 6 working days on 4th March (all e mails) but still nothing.
    I have got to the point now where my partner has been asking as this is now all too much.
    Has anyone had any problems with this company or are we just unlucky?
    I do not wish to bore you all with all the details but if you want to I can!!
Page 1
  • tups
    • 19th Mar 09, 3:55 PM
    • 19th Mar 09, 3:55 PM
    ps: this bed was ordered and paid for in full on 12th Feb 2009
    • shellsuit
    • By shellsuit 19th Mar 09, 3:59 PM
    • 23,017 Posts
    • 41,912 Thanks
    shellsuit
    • 19th Mar 09, 3:59 PM
    • 19th Mar 09, 3:59 PM
    Have they said what the reason is for it not being delivered on time?
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
    • lynzpower
    • By lynzpower 19th Mar 09, 4:02 PM
    • 24,743 Posts
    • 39,940 Thanks
    lynzpower
    • 19th Mar 09, 4:02 PM
    Although you have ordered it, have you paid for it?
    Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 19th Mar 09, 4:02 PM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 13,907 Thanks
    hollydays
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1005249

Several more people with problems with them

They are also have a company called Remy furniture-and use the same testimonials for both sites..
    Last edited by hollydays; 19-03-2009 at 4:13 PM.
    • shellsuit
    • By shellsuit 19th Mar 09, 4:02 PM
    • 23,017 Posts
    • 41,912 Thanks
    shellsuit
    Lynz, the OP said it was ordered and paid for in full on the 12th Feb (in post#2)
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
    • lynzpower
    • By lynzpower 19th Mar 09, 4:11 PM
    • 24,743 Posts
    • 39,940 Thanks
    lynzpower
    • 19th Mar 09, 4:11 PM
    • 19th Mar 09, 4:11 PM
    sorry, totally missed that bit
    Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast
  • tups
    • 20th Mar 09, 2:54 PM
    • 20th Mar 09, 2:54 PM
    Hello! The orignal reason was that they had no one in our area to deliver! They are in Liverpool and we are in Essex.
    They said that they had no one in our area but when I checked with the bed manufacturer, they told me that 4 weeks after I had placed and paid for the order that they had not had clearance from The Bed Shop and that the order had always been in stock. The Bed Shop website stated delviery between 24 hours and 14 days if in stock.
    We have been promised a call from the carriers for the last two weeks and still nothing. Aparently they are now going to delviery on Weds 25/03 but to wait for a call.
    I doubt if this call will happen and to be honest, I don't care anymore as it is now getting beyond a joke!
    I have never dealt with such a bunch of cowboys, both myself and my partner work in the transport, distribution and logistics industry and have never come across such an unprofessional company.
    You can not phone them as this is only their sales line, you can only e mail, when you e mail they will only answer the ones they want.
    I have contacted Trading Standards as well but all I want is this bed for our five year old (and it is a very nice bed aswell). I know when we eventually receive it (if we do) that it will probably be damaged or wrong ........ this has totally put me off internet shopping as I will never shop anywhere other than big know brand names again.
  • tups
    • 23rd Mar 09, 1:26 PM
    • 23rd Mar 09, 1:26 PM
    GOOD NEWS - aparently this is being delivered this week ... fingers crossed .....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,072Posts Today

5,182Users online

Martin's Twitter