Job advice

Well now i really don't know what to do. No McDonalds near be is hireing and wants people to work for them. I have contacted the KFC to see if they are hireing and i get the same response that that are not looking now either.

I contacted the McDonalds and they said because i missed 5 interviews there my position had been taken so i don't know what to do and have a job before uni

Comments

• Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    If you are *that* sam, I would kindly point out that I have, in the past, given you a list of employers within your local vicinity which may take you on. Also advised you not to threaten to punch a KFC manager when you are being interviewed (I think that was what happened).

Also, if you ARE *that sam* then change your username mate! Pick an alias or something...
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have to say the position wasn’t yours in the first place. Plus missing 5 interviews is a lot. They spend time to sort interviews and you didn’t go. That slot could have gone to someone else. Missing 5 interviews doesn’t look good at all. Makes it look like you don’t want to work there and you wouldn’t turn up to the job:

I wouldn’t even apply for kfc after what happens the last time.

Apply for jobs elsewhere surely there’s more than fast food places.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• Sncjw wrote: »
    I have to say the position wasn’t yours in the first place. Plus missing 5 interviews is a lot. They spend time to sort interviews and you didn’t go. That slot could have gone to someone else. Missing 5 interviews doesn’t look good at all. Makes it look like you don’t want to work there and you wouldn’t turn up to the job:

I wouldn’t even apply for kfc after what happens the last time.

Apply for jobs elsewhere surely there’s more than fast food places.

That was a different time and in a different place from where I am now and there are no other fast food places near me so i really don't know what to do. I fail the online interviews for the supermarkets. Places Like Aldi don't want you unless you can work there for a year
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 March 2019 at 9:29AM
    That was a different time and in a different place from where I am now and there are no other fast food places near me so i really don't know what to do. I fail the online interviews for the supermarkets. Places Like Aldi don't want you unless you can work there for a year

Well you dont have to tell them your going to uni, when they ask why are you leaving, say your moving to with other family.

Why did you miss 5 interviews ?

You've been given so much advice.
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    Well you dont have to tell them your going to uni, when they ask why are you leaving, say your moving to with other family.

Why did you miss 5 interviews ?

Youve been given so much advice.

Because I was embarrassed about telling people I got a job interview in a place like that. And I thought you could do that as its in the contract isn't t?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Contrary to popular belief there are other places to look for that serve food outside of McDonalds and KFC if that's what you want to work in.

I think there's still a few Wimpys around, Burger King is floating around, Pizza Hut, Dominos... or there's other well known places like Wetherspoons for instance. Little Chef used to be a dominant force but you're probably lucky to be anywhere near one of these now.
  • Not where I live unfortunally Neil. Burger king is not hiring. There are no pizza huts or dominos. And Weatherspoons was hiring but are not now
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Cleaning? Call centre? Local independent shops? There are jobs available, or will become available, you just need to keep looking.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Trouble is there is actually nothing around and I have looked, i need the money now as well
  • ive got less then £1,000 and im going to university in September so i really do need something
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure