Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Comments

• I’ve applied to switch tonight, first time in 11 year
  • Capyboppy
    Capyboppy Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi 'Bulb'.

Can you tell me if you will be becoming part of the Warm Energy system? I like what I have seen and read but I can't afford to throw £140 away I'm afraid.
  • New to bulb as of 5 minutes ago. Without doubt the fastest, easiest switch over I've experienced. It was so simple, I wasn't convinced I'd switched until i read the welcome email. :rotfl:
    I've moved from SWALEC SSE, who in fairness, were never that bad to deal with, but the savings and green energy commitment enticed me to Bulb.
    Hopefully it will be all good.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Capyboppy wrote: »
    Hi 'Bulb'.

Can you tell me if you will be becoming part of the Warm Energy system? I like what I have seen and read but I can't afford to throw £140 away I'm afraid.

You could consider switching to Bulb anyway, picking up a referral bonus, then switching to someone else in 6 months if Bulb don't offer it. Ovo were pretty straightforward for WHD this winter.
  • Capyboppy
    Problem there is up to 5 weeks to swap, then making sure I am with someone who is on the discount scheme by the end of August which is when I think the DWP go by; so would have to allow up to 5 weeks there. For the few months between the two, I might as well hang on seeing as Bulb say they refund exit fees. Does anyone know if the quotes done through referrals are the same or similar tariffs to the comparison sites?
  • @Capyboppy
    Bulb only have 1 tariff so it makes no difference to the price how you join. Obviously you get money if you use the referral link and nothing through most switching website..
    Although you are free to leave Bulb without exit fees at any time, just make sure if you do join for the referral money that you don't have to wait around too long to get that money (assuming you wish to bail for another supplier to get next years Warm Home Discount) .
  • Will_at_Bulb
    Will_at_Bulb Posts: 60 Organisation Representative
    Hi Capyboppy, we're working on Warm Home Discount at the moment and plan to offer it before next winter. And we'll make sure we let every Bulb member know about it once it's ready so that no one misses out on it.
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Bulb. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Capyboppy
    When you say 'next winter' do you mean this coming winter? From what I have read, whatever company you are with at the end of August is the one that counts for the discount.
  • Capyboppy
    gaminx.

Thanks for the reply, but it is the foreseeable 12 months I would be looking at so despite a referral fee, until Bulb definitely join the scheme it would not be cost-effective for us. Even with the cheaper tariffs, the losing of £140 would wipe that out. I will just wait until they join the scheme then definitely look into swapping.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    All the indications are that they will be joining the WHD scheme for the 18/19 winter even though their customer numbers were not quite high enough by 31 December 2017 to make it compulsory for them to do so.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback