Has anyone bought a Premier Inn (Hypnos) bed?

Comments

• chrestomanci
    chrestomanci Posts: 184 Forumite
    Delivery scheduled for next week.

The staff in Dreams were a little overbearing, hovering over us and insisting we 'get comfortable' on the beds. Which is really difficult when people are leering! But I managed to haggle around £200 off and get free delivery/assembly/insurance, so more than pleased with the price. :)
  • We bought from Land of Beds and delivery was really quick. They seem to stock popular sizes for quick delivery. But either way, the mattress is so amazing, I would have waited 6 weeks for it if I had to!!!

Staff seemed a lot more knowledgeable on the actual beds and manufacturers where as Dreams just pushed the price.
  • Hi Cassyann79, which bed did you buy that is so amazing? I am SOOOO LOST and keep getting ripped off with mattresses! Thinking about Premier Inn's since it was the best night's sleep I've ever had, but not sure if they deliver to Cork, Ireland. So, wondering which mattress you found that was so great and is it still as good as it was? Not sure which year this thread started? Thank you.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,652
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Recently got hypnos king size and very please with it. My quality of sleep and comfort has improved considerably. Just looking at it you can tell its quality construction and has a 10 year gtee i believe. If you buy mattress only, check that your bed /frame meets the specs as stated o the hypnos website to keep gtee valid..
    http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/sleep/buy-our-bed.html
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • I took delivery of a Hypnos Revive Opulent Cashmere double divan & mattress on 4th March 2016 having followed all the advice suggesting I needed a soft mattress. Have not had a decent night's sleep since. Hip bones, back bone, pelvic area in agony each morning. Contacted both Furniture Village (retailer) & Hypnos within a month of purchase but responses were 'Tough Luck' in essence. £1500 down the drain.
  • Pinkypants
    Pinkypants Posts: 1,337
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Verwoodian wrote: »
    I took delivery of a Hypnos Revive Opulent Cashmere double divan & mattress on 4th March 2016 having followed all the advice suggesting I needed a soft mattress. Have not had a decent night's sleep since. Hip bones, back bone, pelvic area in agony each morning. Contacted both Furniture Village (retailer) & Hypnos within a month of purchase but responses were 'Tough Luck' in essence. £1500 down the drain.

Is the mattress faulty? If it's simply just not suitable for you then sadly what do you expect them to do?

A new mattress can take a good number of weeks to get used to. Also like a new pair of shoes it'll also take time to break in as such.
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,184
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    A bit off subject but just returned from a Haven caravan hol and their beds were so comfy. Took a peek at the mattress, looked brand new but only labelled as "Haven". Does anyone know who makes/sells this mattress?
  • Ok I will try and help but no doubt someone will k now better on here ;).
    The Premier inn king mattress is as follows .
    Layers
    SAT 5 Lid 160 x 210
    Sat 5 Lid 160 x 210

###########
    Dual Density foam 150x198x4
    Dual Density foam 152x205x4
    Duo s Fr2 1200g 158 x 208
    Poly /Wool 400 g 177x203
    #############

2 flat frame 148x198
    1 parallel glued pocket 1.6 1000
    10 butterfly side supports
    ############
    sat 5 lid 160x210
    2 14x30x8 superbond
    Pi pillow top mattress label
    #########
    Spring edge 20x100 nonwoven
    Type vertical
    Handles = 4
    Horizontal handles
    4 vents
    #######
    tape edging
    7.2m Sat 5 tape edge roll
    Tufting tape length 180
    Contract tuft 120-160 x 190/200

This I presume is why it only has a 5 year guarantee as the dual density foam will have a lesser shelf life .
    I also don't think that the Premier inn one is side stitched which gives extra support.
    I decided to go for The Pearl
    The Pearl is a hand side stitched mattress with totally natural fillings and comes with the Hypnos10 year guarantee.
    The cheapest I have found it is £780 which is a third more but the life should be double or more.
    Thanks
    I am sure there will be all kinds of negative posts ...How Much etc ???
    If you dont like it go to your local market ;)
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,860
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    pastashell wrote: »
    Ok I will try and help but no doubt someone will k now better on here ;).
    Layers
    SAT 5 Lid 160 x 210
    Sat 5 Lid 160 x 210

###########
    Dual Density foam 150x198x4
    Dual Density foam 152x205x4
    Duo s Fr2 1200g 158 x 208
    Poly /Wool 400 g 177x203
    #############

2 flat frame 148x198
    1 parallel glued pocket 1.6 1000
    10 butterfly side supports
    ############
    sat 5 lid 160x210
    2 14x30x8 superbond
    Pi pillow top mattress label
    #########
    Spring edge 20x100 nonwoven
    Type vertical
    Handles = 4
    Horizontal handles
    4 vents
    #######
    tape edging
    7.2m Sat 5 tape edge roll
    Tufting tape length 180
    Contract tuft 120-160 x 190/200

This I presume is why it only has a 5 year guarantee as the dual density foam will have a lesser shelf life .
    I also don't think that the Premier inn one is side stitched which gives extra support.
    I decided to go for The Pearl
    The Pearl is a hand side stitched mattress with totally natural fillings and comes with the Hypnos10 year guarantee.
    The cheapest I have found it is £780 which is a third more but the life should be double or more.
    Thanks
    I am sure there will be all kinds of negative posts ...How Much etc ???
    If you dont like it go to your local market ;)

The OP is March 2015 so I would imagine that they have bought a mattress by now ;)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pinkypants
    Pinkypants Posts: 1,337
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    pastashell wrote: »
    Ok I will try and help but no doubt someone will k now better on here ;).

How did you managed to get such a in depth spec sheet? Can you get others about the Hypnos range?
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport