Anyone making money from CEX?

motorguy
motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Curious if anyone was able to buy from CEX and resell for profit or buy elsewhere and sell to CEX for profit?

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    CEX are a retail outlet who sell for extortionate prices so no way you are making money buying from them.

They also pay peanuts for their items because people are desperate to sell so no way to make money selling them anything either.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 March 2019 at 12:09AM
    motorguy wrote: »
    Curious if anyone was able to buy from CEX and resell for profit or buy elsewhere and sell to CEX for profit?

I was thinking of doing this also, as mentioned above they are usually very expensive, but a few items are cheap.

Watching a few items on ebay, one just ended at £43.32 + 3.95p&p or £25 from CEX.

No stock at the local store but one about 12 miles away have a lot of A items which i think are fully boxed and mint.

Not sure about the desperate to sell stuff, maybe there are people like that, but my daughter trades out old phones in for store credit which she later uses to buy games.

The phone would just sit in the draw unused, so its a bonus. I could not be bothered to sell them online. Phones can be a pain to sell.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure