Change of availability

Is it possible to change availablility on form, that I already signed? I'm very bad at saying "no" and basically said I'm available whole week, when I'm not. I'm very stupid for it. I have contracted hours that I work and basically we don't have to do overtime if we don't want to, but recently we got availability form to sign from out menager. Is it still possible to change that? It was so sudden that I didn't had time to think and thought I'll be under bad light. It is retail job. I still want to do overtime but not the days I agreed to. My menager is a nice person, but I know he likes those extra people on shift.

Comments

• nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Daiiisy wrote: »
    Is it possible to change availablility on form, that I already signed? I'm very bad at saying "no" and basically said I'm available whole week, when I'm not. I'm very stupid for it. I have contracted hours that I work and basically we don't have to do overtime if we don't want to, but recently we got availability form to sign from out menager. Is it still possible to change that? It was so sudden that I didn't had time to think and thought I'll be under bad light. It is retail job. I still want to do overtime but not the days I agreed to. My menager is a nice person, but I know he likes those extra people on shift.

Have you tried asking your menager? Or, updating them on when your availability will be so as not to disappoint them/ cause them unnecessary work drawing up rotas that you can't support?
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Fill another form in with the new availability.
  • Daiiisy
    Daiiisy Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I haven't seen him yet, I'm also afraid that he will said no, because I already sign it last week and will take my excuse as not good enough :(
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I haven't seen him yet, I'm also afraid that he will said no, because I already sign it last week and will take my excuse as not good enough :(

Provide a reason not an excuse (you’re not children in a playground), and be honest about your availability and live with the consequences.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,661 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    People who mess others around because they don't like saying no are a pain in the neck - so don't be one of them! Speak to your manager, give them the hours and days you really are available and you'll both be happy.

You might also consider doing a short course (often a day is long enough) in assertion training/assertiveness to help avoid similar problems in future. Your local authority may well run such courses at modest cost.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

He can't say no. Overtime is optional, regardless of availability forms.

What he can do though is be extremely miffed if you leave it too long to tell him and he's already done the rotas.
    Get your new form in today with apologies for not giving it due consideration in the first place.
    Then learn to be more assertive.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Daiiisy
    Daiiisy Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yeah, I already got hours for next week and I will do them, not to cause any problems. I know he hasn't set up rota for week after that, because he always ask what days we want to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure