Crazy cheap October car hire at Malaga

2»

Comments

• This time I've used Doyouspain as it was cheapest. Last time it was cheaper to go direct with Goldcar. Just keep my eye on all options, book with free cancellation and if the price comes down significantly, cancel and rebook.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    lurkylurky wrote: »
    This time I've used Doyouspain as it was cheapest. Last time it was cheaper to go direct with Goldcar. Just keep my eye on all options, book with free cancellation and if the price comes down significantly, cancel and rebook.

I was also disbelieved when I posted above.

The family member who goes out regularly usually books through doyouspain
  • photome wrote: »
    I was also disbelieved when I posted above.

The family member who goes out regularly usually books through doyouspain

I've had some stonkingly good deals over the past few years. I've told no end of people but most of them continue to pay way more than me because it sounds too good to be true. I reckon I've saved enough for another holiday this year. I've got five days booked in November. I've just been looking on Doyouspain. I can get it for around £2.50 with three companies I've not used before and £8.50 with Goldcar. But the fuel policy is full/partial refund so I've not booked yet. I'm hoping they'll do some full/full deals.
  • lurkylurky wrote: »
    It's Full/Full. Literally £6.80 has appeared on my credit card. I hire a car five or six times a year. I've had some amazingly good deals in the last couple of years. Paid 82p for six days in January. We've had no long waits so far but I do fly quite late at night. I've had no issues with them signing off the cars yet.

I do understand your scepticism, it sounds too good to be true, but honestly so far I've had no issues. One thing that does worry me is the 40/50 Euro late charge pick up. With Goldcar it's after 2300. If I was significantly delayed I'd have to pay this. But I think all car hire companies charge for late pick up and some are earlier than 2300.
    My sister is out there at the moment and has a very similar deal, though with a different company. She's paying €9 for 20 days, though I think she gets a discount that brings it down to sub €8.
  • bigfer
    bigfer Posts: 319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have just returned from fortnight in Malaga. I too noticed extremely cheap car hire in sept. I had booked a car from Budget (via doyouspain) in jan for £230, i then cancelled and rebooked with Record (via doyouspain) in august for £75 then when i checked three days before leaving i could get a bigger car for £9 with Goldcar (via doyouspain).
    I cancelled the Record deal and took the Goldcar one......then looked at the small print and began to sweat. Loads of little caveats: diesel tax, surcharge for pick up at airport, receipts for final fuelling etc etc. So in the end i got cold feet and booked with Malagacar.com direct for £55. (Had to bin the goldcar deal, non-refundable)
    Never used them before as i had always booked on-site, but i have to say i was impressed. Pick up and drop off dead easy. Negligible queuing and no hard sell for insurance. We got a Fiat Dobolo with 85k on the clock, not the flashes car but did the trick. I had to pay 40euro for half tank of diesel, bring back empty, which i used and did not have the chew of filling up on the way back. Also the office location is dead easy to find and drop car off without fighting your way through the gloom of malaga airport returns.
    A quick glance at the car on return, no detailed inspection, only concerned about bullet holes and wings ripped off.
    I have booked with all the great satans of malaga airport car hire. i have spent 2 plus hours queuing. i have had bogus billings from Record and Europecar which were eventually settled. As ever, it is the luck of the draw with car hire, depending how busy they are and what mood the operator is in. I use doyouspain alot and have been happy with the service i received (albeit they are just a broker) however i decided to go with Malagacar.com this year after reading some of their reviews and came to the conclusion, no car hire company can lease a car for a fortnight for only £9 without some other means of recovering their costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure