PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Comments

• ninnoodle wrote: »
    Highlands of Scotland here - heating still off. It's been a bit chilly but nothing a jumper hasn't sorted out yet :)

I have a couple of friends in Fort William and they're telling me that it's getting colder up there - you have my deepest sympathy as the autumn gets colder :(.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Today's high was supposed to be 21°C in Basildon (not a million miles away) but it was quite fresh during the day, so I was happy to be stuck inside. It improved in the evening when the sun came out, perfect walking weather in fact.
    Quick question - will net curtains make much difference to the room temp? I feel like it could potentially block heat in the day (reflecting back out?), but would they help retain heat in the evening, or just too thin?
    Nets are better than a poke in they eye with a sharp stick, just. Personally I hate the look of nets, voiles are a more elegant option.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • I hope mine will stay off well into October. I aim for November, but never get there!
    I was a bit chilly yesterday morning but a hot drink fixed it. This morning I dug out the vests. :) Honestly, a vest worn tight-ish to your body makes all the difference. I just have the cheapy vest tops from Primark in a mix of black and white.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • ............. This morning I dug out the vests. :) Honestly, a vest worn tight-ish to your body makes all the difference. I just have the cheapy vest tops from Primark in a mix of black and white.

Very true, flubberyzing! I've got four Thermal Vests bought in A$DA a few years ago - two of them have long sleeves and two are sleeveless - wouldn't be without them in the middle of winter. They get worn underneath other tops and sometimes to sleep in under pj or nighties :j.
  • VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Today's high was supposed to be 21°C in Basildon (not a million miles away) but it was quite fresh during the day, so I was happy to be stuck inside. It improved in the evening when the sun came out, perfect walking weather in fact. Nets are better than a poke in they eye with a sharp stick, just. Personally I hate the look of nets, voiles are a more elegant option.

I'm in Basildon and I think its quite warm still. Its raining today so had to do the school run in my rain mac and was a sweaty mess when I got home lol Too wet not to wear it but far too hot wearing it!

Our heating is firmly off still. I usually try to get to get to 1st November before needing it on. Windows are still open and t shirts are being worn so its definitely not cold here. Obviously if the kids get ill or the temperature really drops then I would put the heating on but for now its off and will stay that way I hope until 1st November.

Our fuel bill has gone up again (I assume from the fans running in the hot weather) so hoping it evens out between the gas and electric as currently we use 4-5 times as much electric as we do gas!
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Still off :)
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 September 2018 at 1:07PM
    Off.
    Aiming for November like flubberyzing.
    Put my winter duvet back on last Sunday, and back to wearing long sleeves in bed.
    Saved lots over the summer by not putting on the hot water everyday - thank you sun.

P.S East of England. I like to wash my duvet in the summer, and I have a cold north facing bedroom with three external walls, and feel the cold easily, hence the long sleeves
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Am i the only one who uses the same duvet all year round and doesn't change what he sleeps in? (basically my boxers lol)
  • Stoke wrote: »
    Am i the only one who uses the same duvet all year round and doesn't change what he sleeps in? (basically my boxers lol)

i have the same duvet all year round too, tho i don't wear boxers... prefer Chanel No5 :D
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    I wonder where people are in the country compared to me, I'm in shorts and a vest top at present!
    The heating has not been on since March although it's set to 15-17 degrees when it is on. I have noticed it's chillier in the morning the last week or so, I got up at 2am today and didn't open the doors as I often do. I think we may have managed until early November last year
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback