Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 23rd Jun 19, 8:11 AM
    • 4,448Posts
    • 7,125Thanks
    bouicca21
    Heathrow to central london
    • 23rd Jun 19, 8:11 AM
    Heathrow to central london 23rd Jun 19 at 8:11 AM
    I’ve posted before about a visit from a friend with limited mobility. It now seems that it will be easier for her to fly into Heathrow. From there she will need to get to Victoria main line.

I’ve tried asking the TfL journey planner for a step free route but it just throws a wobbly and spews out all sorts of weird routes. Plus it clearly wants people to use the express to Paddington. I would have assumed it would be Piccadilly to Earl’s Court for the District, or to Green Park for the Victoria line, then up to the main line concourse.

I could drive to Heathrow but I don’t have a blue badge, plus it’s likely longer by car than by tube and train.

Anyone on here have experience making that journey and know how difficult it is? Victoria has been in the process of being rebuilt for so long that I’m sure they must have put step free access in. The tube map says it’s step free!

Edited to add that another possible route would be via St Pancras and Thameslink to a nearby station with parking.
    Last edited by bouicca21; 23-06-2019 at 8:15 AM.
Page 1
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 23rd Jun 19, 8:53 AM
    • 1,462 Posts
    • 634 Thanks
    Roger1
    • 23rd Jun 19, 8:53 AM
    • 23rd Jun 19, 8:53 AM
    Have a look at Baron's Court for a same platform or cross-platform change.

Also Hammersmith but with a few metres to change.

It's a while since I've done either, so would welcome corroboration.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,654Posts Today

7,906Users online

Martin's Twitter