Notice of pip assessment

Options
Hi, How much notice do you normally receive for the date of face to face appoinments?
Also, can you change the date?
We sent the form back about four weeks ago and when I called to check they had received it was told that the assessment should take place in under eight week.
£2021 in 2021 no.17 £1,093.20/£2021

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    jeanmd wrote: »
    Hi, How much notice do you normally receive for the date of face to face appoinments?
    Also, can you change the date?
    We sent the form back about four weeks ago and when I called to check they had received it was told that the assessment should take place in under eight week.
    You should receive at least a couple of weeks notice. "should" yes, that will depend on the backlog in your area. There's no timescales for decisions or assessment waiting times. Some wait a couple of weeks, while others wait a few months or more.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/faqs/

"To help us complete your assessment as soon as possible, we’ll initially offer you the earliest appointment we have available. However, we understand that it might not always be possible for you to attend this.

Therefore, if this first appointment isn’t convenient, please contact our Customer Service Centre as soon as possible. You’ll find the telephone number on your appointment letter.

We’ll work with you to find a more suitable time. However, please bear in mind that we can only reschedule your appointment once, and that postponing your appointment may lead to a delay in getting a decision from DWP."
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • jeanmd
    jeanmd Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you so much for your replies. :A
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/your-assessment/

"You should be prepared to talk about how your condition affects you even if you’ve already detailed it on your PIP claim form. It can be hard to do this but it will really help if you can talk about:
    the kind of things you have difficulty with, or can’t do at all - for example, walking up steps without help or remembering to go to appointments
    how your condition affects you from day to day
    what a bad day is like for you - for example, ‘On a bad day, I can’t walk at all because my injured leg hurts so much’ or ‘On a bad day, I’m so depressed I can’t concentrate on anything’
    It’s a good idea to take a copy of your PIP claim form with you. That way you can refer to it in the assessment and make sure you tell the assessor everything you want them to know about your condition."
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • jeanmd
    jeanmd Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you so much Alice.
    I'm dreading this as I normally talk for my husband and his dr's and the consultant already know this so we don't have a problem. He doesn't go out other than for appointments as he has multiple health problems including severe depression and I can see us having problems.
    He's been on an indefinite awarded DLA for low care/high mobiity for over fifteen years and his conditions have worsened significantly, but due to how hard it was to get DLA we haven't done anything about trying to get the higher rate and I just know he won't be helpful when talking to someone he hasn't met before.
    From what I have read it would seem they will only talk to him not me at the assesment.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    From what I have read it would seem they will only talk to him not me at the assesment.
    That is correct unless you are his appointee and then you will be able to speak on his behalf. This is because they will want to hear it from your husband how his conditions affect him. He may have an assessor that will allow you to prompt him but this doesn't always happen.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I got my appointment thru this morning for weds 12th June,at 9a.m 25 miles away, I phoned (surprised they were open Saturday) a very pleasant young lady changed it no problem to Tues 18th in my home town at 12 noon, they received my PIP forms (ATOS that is) on Tuesday of this week.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

What happens if the claimant doesn't speak - as in my case ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure